It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

carriemcdow HB User
kidney stones help please

hello anyone
i have had kidney stones for 6 months , two 4 mm in midpole of kidney and 2 mm at bottom also two 2 mm in right, however only left side bothers me very much pain. Doctors tell me that i would only feel the pain if the stones are blocking or passing and that is not true i know my body.. i take somas for spasms which i dont think they are because i know spasms i have back issue i know the diffrence and pain meds all this crap dont work sometimes the pain last three weeks.. im scared and feel hopeless. I do see a surgeon july 20th but the last dr said most likely he will do nothing. is this true do i have to suffer?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
(female)

carriemcdow HB User
Re: kidney stones help please

i just wish someone can tell me if a surgeon will remove my kidney stone from left kidney that have been bothering me very much for 6 months i have 4 stone left side 2 4mm and 2 2mm 4 mm in midpole and 2 mm in right side please help .. so far two dr say dope they will pass but im in pain .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
(male)

rpg HB User

These sized stones could pass by themselves but the 4mm ones will cause pain (if passed). Have a good pain medication ready NOW, just in case. Any clue on the type of stone? This would be nice to know for your treatment. No reason (that I could think of) that the left stones couldn't be removed but maybe the DR. thinks they'll pass. In the meanwhile, drink plenty of water and take the pain medication when uncomfortable. Keep posting with any new news. I haven't logged in for a while but I'll check daily of your progress. Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
(male)

rpg HB User

By the way, you are right. Stones can cause serious pain even while still in the kidney. They don't necessarily have to pass to feel the pain.

Last edited by rpg; 06-28-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User

My kidney stone that has been in my right kidney for a year now causes me much pain and misery. I get pain daily!!!! I am scheduled for a lithotripsy and I hope that will resolve it. I passed a 6mm a month ago and that was the worst pain of my life. This one is about 4-5 mm but will not leave!!! Good luck!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #6
(female)

carriemcdow HB User

Thank you for posting.. i see a surgeon on july 20th but the last Dr told 90% he wont do any thing for me . I just want to cry! I have the most common kidney stones the say , i forget what they called them. The crazy part is i was in hospital for over night with very low pottasium so now they give me pottasium citrate .. I believe there is a connection with this and the kidney stones.. I hope and pray that surgeon here's my cry and helps me because its affecting my whole body and mind.. For the last 6 month they have been giving me somas and pain meds they said kidney pain will cause muscle spasms .. Oh Lord i dont know im just clueless!

Closed Thread