HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Urology (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/)
-   -   Possible Prostate Infection/Cipro Question (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/862502-possible-prostate-infection-cipro-question.html)

RobertF 08-03-2011 02:18 PM

Possible Prostate Infection/Cipro Question

Long and short...I just started a second month of cipro. My symptoms the first month (actually starting before that) was an intense urgency to pee when I did not have to...sometimes painfull. My psa was elevated. I had a cysto...everything ok. I started cipro. After 4 weeks I seamed to be getting longer periods of relief each day. I was off cipro a week, had a psa and returned to the doc....he said my psa had risen from 5 to 9 and he felt an infection could cause that type of increase plus my syptoms were similar to that of an infection and since I was starting to get some relief to try another month of cipro...sometimes it takes a long time to wipe an infection out.

Interestingly I had a period of 7 symptom free days that started around the time I came off the cipro. After being on the cipro again 3- 4 days the intense feeling came back. I cant figure this out. The symptom came back IMMEDIATLY after overdoing it on the treadmill at the gym...it was very very mild that night but definitley there. I was on and off the next day and intense today until just now...it seams to have relieved itself a bit...perhaps due to an Allieve pill I took...not sure though because I took one this morning with the cipro and it did not seam to help.

Does it make ANY sense that if this were and infection getting better, that it could come back like this all of a sudden???? How could the treadmill instigate/trigger its return....hard to believe its a coincidence?

Is there any chance the cipro is causing this symptom? I was symptom free during most of the period I was off the cipro...long shot I know...

Thoughts... :confused:

So, basically I was on cipro for a month ending it on 7/21. I had my psa and returned to the doc on 7/27. Around the time the cipro stopped I was starting to have less symtoms. In fact, had period of absolutuley no symptoms from 7/25 till 8/2. I have again started the cipro as of 7/28.

lightfoot500 10-10-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Possible Prostate Infection / Cipro Question

Hi,
i just wondered if you have found any solution short of surgery?
i am interested, i havent been diag w prostatit but do have bladder inf and on cipro. feeling some swelling down there and wondering what is going on.

i found one possible solution. seems to give some hope. having to do with self drainage.. it seemed really helpful.

Millard 10-21-2012 03:13 PM

Re: Possible Prostate Infection / Cipro Question

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"][B][I]Hello Lightfoot,

If you are retaining a large amount of urine after voiding (over 150 ml), you may want to look into Clean Intermittent Catheterization. It is a very simple procedure that will empty the bladder every time without leaking. I have been this since 2004 and have no regrets except I should have started this long ago.

Good luck. [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]