It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
(male)

Lenovo HB User
Blood spots in my underwear

Hi all,

I'm 41 years old male. Recently I noticed some blood spots in my underwear during the day. The colour is bright read. Initially they happened once a while but lately I noticed it happened quite frequent (every 3-4 days).

I went and see urologist and I've performed below tests:-
1) 5 times urine FEME (only 1 occasion they found blood in my urine because the test was performed immediately after the bleeding incidence - RBC reading 17)
2) cysctocopy - result ok
3) PSA - result ok 0.33
4) ultrasound to see my kidney, bladder and prostate

Finally the urologist said this could be due to urethritis (infection) though no sign of infection found in my urine test after he ruled out cancer.

Please help if you know about this case somewhere else as I really puzzled at what cause the bleeding.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
(male)

mpjustice HB User
Re: Blood spots in my underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenovo View Post
Hi all,

I'm 41 years old male. Recently I noticed some blood spots in my underwear during the day. The colour is bright read. Initially they happened once a while but lately I noticed it happened quite frequent (every 3-4 days).

I went and see urologist and I've performed below tests:-
1) 5 times urine FEME (only 1 occasion they found blood in my urine because the test was performed immediately after the bleeding incidence - RBC reading 17)
2) cysctocopy - result ok
3) PSA - result ok 0.33
4) ultrasound to see my kidney, bladder and prostate

Finally the urologist said this could be due to urethritis (infection) though no sign of infection found in my urine test after he ruled out cancer.

Please help if you know about this case somewhere else as I really puzzled at what cause the bleeding.

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity have you had a 24 hour urine test done? One where you are given a jug to take home and everytime you go you use the jug and have to keep it in the fridge until you turn it into the lab. I also didn't see in the tests you listed you have had. a ct scan of the ab/pelvis w/wo contrast, nor an x-ray have you had either? Those are generally used to see if any kidney stones are present in the kidney itself. I just went through a failed Ureteroscopic stone removal this morning. It was to high to up to reach so my urologist backed out as he did not want to damage the ureter by forcing it. I have had that stone for over a year. I never had any pain or problems urinating, but did have occasional blood. The ones that don't move on there on just sit and grow. Just throwing out some things that found my problem. Best of luck to you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
(male)

Lenovo HB User
Re: Blood spots in my underwear

Hi Mpjustice,

Thanks for your response. No, my urologist didn't ask me for 24 hours urine sample. He did saw both of my kidneys during ultrasound test and he said my kidney is good. I would imagine if there are kidney stones, the blood will appear during the urination, not after I finished my urination?

Reply Reply