It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #16
(female)

Poindykester HB User
Re: UTI symptoms... no infection

sort of in the same boat here - sorry if I make anyone repeat themselves ... lots to sift through. My girlfriend started having UTI symptoms about a year ago. They usually coincide with her cycle, blood in urine, pus, white cells, pain in back, fatigue, headaches, chills (but no fever), backaches ... the works. But it is usually not a UTI. She has been checked and scanned for IC, cancer, lupus, on and on - no results, no answers.

We are sexually active, and exclusive - together for over 4 years. I had mono about 4 years ago, she never got it.

We are very frustrated and frankly, quite scared and irritated. The doctors seem to have written her off because they can't find a cause.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: UTI symptoms... no infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikomama View Post
Hello! About a week ago I went to the doctor because I felt like I was getting a UTI. I had pressure in my bladder and felt like I had to urinate all the time. He did a dip stick test and found some blood and white blood cells in my urine. He put me on Macrobid (100mg-twice a day for 10 days). It has been a solid week and I feel no relief. I went back today and they said that the culture showed it wasn't a bladder infection but they didn't know what it could be. I still have pressure in my bladder and the urge to urinate. When I do go I go normally. My legs have felt a bit weak and I have slight lower back pain. I've been a bit nauseous but I'm not sure if it could be from the meds or not. I'm starting to freak out a bit because I've never had anything like this. Should I see a urologist or OBGYN? What could this be? Any information would be appreciated.

THanks so much!!
I'm 50. I've had bladder pressure and frequency since I was a teenager. Finally after having Urodynamics done, Urologist diagnosed me with Interstitial Cystitis. I sometimes wonder. When you read some of the stories people go 50 times a day or more. I can go every hour or two. Blood in the urine can mean kidney stones. An Xray or cat scan with contrast would show it. I've had microscopic blood in the urine about 25 years. No cancers or anything. But, the Dr. said that there could be a tiny hole in the bladder and blood get through lining.

In 2013 I had a kidney stone pass. Then 2014 again. They found over a centimeter big stone inside the kidney. I went through hell and back for four months through 3 kidney stone surgeries. I had a stent for 4 months. Or I should call it torture device. Then two blood clots hit my lungs. I blamed on the kidney stone surgery but doctors said no. Who knows. But at that time I had a lot of blood in the urine. Every time I went to the bathroom nothing but blood.

So any high count of blood then something is up. For the IC, I had bladder distensions done where they put meds right into the bladder. Never worked for me. Now they do Botox. There are over active bladder meds that work too.

Oh, I also took Macrobid for about 30 years on and off. The last time I took it, I had a severe reaction. About 10 minutes after taking it the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet started itching uncontrollably. Then got hot and red all over. Then the nausea and diarrhea started. I was deathly sick. I took an antihistamine and it calmed down. My husband was ready to call an ambulance. Since the swelling and itching went down I stayed home. For three days I was sick. I'll never take it again. I assume it interacted with my other meds but I won't risk that again. Same thing happened when I took Cymbalta.

Hope you find some answers.

Last edited by hessie28; 04-22-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply