It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

pawprints86 HB User
Excessive morning urination

Anyone have any tips on how to help my pee urges stop??? As far as the morning, its only when im still laying trying to get some sleep. hwen i give up and get up, i go once, and the rediculous need to go 10 minutes later doesnt happen anymore.

BUT..

I dont drink anything all night. This would make sense if when i got up to pee int he night (nocturia, which i also have) i guzzled down glasses of water... but i dont. nothing at all except hte odd time i need to take a pill, which is rare.

WHY does this happen? IVe even taken to eating before bed, although its terrible for you, to try and act as a sponge and take away some of the urges. doesnt seem to work all that well though.

I have CFS so i dont sleep well to begin with, so would be extremely awesome if it were much less interrupted.

Been tested for diabetes (sugar) and yes its normal, and no im not pregnant (re the laying down and more urges).

short of installing a permanent catheter, what else can i do??

I go a good amount more than the average person during the day as well, but at least im awake and more able to hold it in. last concert i went to i performed a test where i drank nothing... except necessary for pills the day of, and very little the day before. and STILL peed before we left, when we got there (say 2 hours), had to go when it was over (another hour and a half), and when we got home. if i took nothing in where the HECK is it all coming from???!?

Last edited by pawprints86; 10-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

miss345 HB User
Re: Excessive morning urination

Hi pawprints86...If you are taking a diuretic for blood pressure or swelling, this could account for this problem..Take care...

Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
(female)

pawprints86 HB User

Nope, no diuretics here...

only medications im on is birth control pill and adavan (which if anything you would think it would help since it relaxes you.)

I take supplements as well but, nothing that would irritate the peeing i dont think.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

This is my problem almost to a tee! When I wake up in the morning to go the bathroom and then go back to bed, I have to get up in about 30 minutes to go again. It is really a problem if we get up early to leave on a trip.

Reply Reply