It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User
Constant UTIs are ruining my life!!!!

Hi all,

Completely frustrated!!! Ive been dealing with recurring UTIs for 2 years. I have them all the time. I can't even say how many times I've been to my urologist in the past 2 years. I get one every time I have sex, and the pain starts 5 minutes after sex is over. I don't know why this started or how. I've been in a long term relationship for 4 years and the first two were fine. I never had issues with UTIs. Then in March 2010, this started. It has been insane!!! I pee before and after, took macrobid before and after, take cranberry and d-mannose, wipe from front to back. Absolutely nothing helps. This is destroying my relationship. I do almost everything to avoid sex because it ends in misery for me. Ive had a cystoscopy, ultrasound, blood tests...they have all come back normal. I don't know what to do. I have one now and I am on keflex. I've been on every antibiotic known to man. It offers a temporary solution, but it ends up returning. I dont want to worry about sex anymore. I just want to feel normal. My urologist says it may go away eventually on its own. I don't have much hope. Anyone else going through this? Some new advice or some kind words would be so appreciated

~M

Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: Constant UTIs are ruining my life!!!!

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am an an antibiotic for one right now. Mine cam out of the blue at 8 pm a few nights ago. I didnt' drink much that day and I think that kicked it off. (didnt even have sex) ( I limit it since I am so afraid of another UTI). I still dont' feel great, still have pain and some pressure. Tonight will be day 5. I hope you get some relief, these are just awful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply