It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Trouble156 HB User
Constant thirst and low sodium diet causes high blood pressure

For as long as I can remember, I have had constant thirst no matter how much or what I drink. I also have tried to go on low sodium diets and it has resulted in extreme high blood pressure (I know this is the opposite of what should happen). I was only recently diagnosed with diabetes type 2 (I had been tested for this before and always come up within a normal range). I've also had my thyroid checked several times over the years and that is also normal. I'm allergic to all grains but rice and allergic to soy and corn; so I am currently on a diabetic diet that is gluten free, soy free and corn free. I've been told to consult with a dietician but, when I have, they have been clueless as to what to do or what might be causing the constant thirst (since that symptom has gone on for so long - I'm 47). Anyone ever heard of this before and, if so, know what could be causing this or what to do about it?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
(female)

girlcat HB User
Re: Constant thirst and low sodium diet causes high blood pressure

I know this post is old, but I thought I'd answer anyway because I have the samethng thing. It is from secondary hyperaldosteronism. Aldosterone is an adrenal hormone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply