It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
(male)

GOMER2 HB User
Having to PUMP urine out?

I have been having erratic voiding issues for months now.

Once in a while good stream, often not so great, or even just a dribble. Sometimes I leak a little, but have a couple times just lost it and its embarrassing. Sometimes I go then have to go again a few minutes later. Sometimes my bladder is uncomfortable, but not painful (been there, done that decades ago). When I don't get much out usually I can pump a little more out in spurts or whatever (hard to explain).

My History is a bit complex, I am long time diabetic and MS (multiple sclerosis) past few years now add BPH (confirmed w/biopsy twice) to the mix. My fam doc sent me back to urologist, due to kidney function issue, CKD-3, he thinks I should get a TURP. Urologist also says get a TURP done after problems with meds. I can not take doxazosin it causes me to wet myself without even knowing it, unless someone else notices, and Flomax gives me diarrhea.

MY delima is the urologist wants to do the rooto rooter job w/o even checking to be sure that BPH is THE problem or even a part of the problem. I am not inclined to have the surgery w/o first knowing it will at least help if not fix the problem. I have been told I have mild bladder distension (tested) and neurogenic bladder was normal for MS and to just ignore it.

I have an appointment with a new urologist in a few days, I hope eh will take the time and trouble to check, test and find out what is causing what, or if its a combination of issues.

I an suggestions or ideas, I hope this gets resolved before I end up in ER.

Gomer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
(male)

lewisosd HB User
Re: Having to PUMP urine out?

Hi,

I know exactly what you are describing with the 'pumping' issue. I myself had to do this the last few months. This was all down to a stricture (a narrowing of my water pipe). A simple procedure (called a urethrotomy) has opened up my water pipe. Bear in mind that this is not a curative but preventative procedure.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
(male)

GOMER2 HB User
Re: Having to PUMP urine out?

Thanks Lewis...........

Saw my new urologist last Monday. Trying another med for now and go back in a couple months. The new med proscar is very different than any previous meds tried. So far no incontinence or diarrhea etc

Reply Reply