It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
(male)

desperate100 HB User
persistant pain from a cystoscope

Hello, new here and need any advice.
I had a cystoscope seven months ago because I had a trace of blood in my urine. Worse mistake I have ever made, it has been a nightmare.
Since the cystoscope I have been in constant pain, a stabbing/burning between my rectum and genitalia (in the perineum). It is much worse when I have been sitting for awhile. I also have reoccuring burning in my urethra and bladder (about every 2-3 weeks).
After the cyctoscope, I have seen two different urologists to try to find out what the initial urologist did to me.
I have been on antibiotics this entire time because it was assumed that it was a prostate infection. I have taken Bactrim ds, cipro, doxycycline, however this last doctor has decided it is not a prostate infection and discontinued the meds. My urine samples have been free of bacteria.
I had a second cystoscope and a CT with contrast to look for damage. The last two urologist told me that they can do nothing for me, and to just live with it. The pain varies from tolerable to severe, and OTC meds have no effect. The Drs will not perscribe any pain meds.

Reply Reply

Tags
cystoscopy, prostate, urology