It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
(male)

dustin1985 HB User
What is happening to me?

I've been having these events or episodes (not sure what to call them) for years. It's never been a problem, so I kept putting off looking into it. I have some time now, so I thought I'd ask.

Urinating seems to be the primary trigger for an event. Either while I'm going or as the urine stream is slowing down, a tingling sensation of varying intensity will rush to my head. The milder events are just sensations. But they are often more intense, causing abnormal muscle contraction in my neck, forced turning of my head and one eye twitching. Thankfully, these events only last about 2-5 seconds.

Another trigger can be changes in temperature. Feeling a draft from an open door or window can trigger an event, although the temperature triggers are never as intense as the urination triggers.

Like I said, these are never a problem. They just feel really weird and I'd like to know if they're a sign of a more serious condition. Does anyone have an idea about what these are?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
(male)

jack1260 HB User
Re: What is happening to me?

Please try testing for HTLV... HTLV can cause neurological problem..

The Following User Says Thank You to jack1260 For This Useful Post:
TonyDewitt (09-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: What is happening to me?

These sound like possible focal seizures, meaning seizure activity in just one part of the body, brought on by a trigger. I would see a neurologist, get an EEG, and see what else he/she might think. Did you ever have a birth injury or head injury that could have left a bit of scar tissue in the brain? That is sometimes the cause for focal seizures. Even if you do nothing about them, it would be nice to know if you have a seizure disorder.

Reply Reply