It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
(male)

MM1027 HB User
Swelling of perineum during erection? Trouble with urination?

Hi I've been to several urologists, who all say they can't find anything wrong. I'm a 22 year old male and basically these are my symptoms.

- swelling of perineum during erection, if I'm sitting down I immediately start feeling the swelling occur, during and not during masturbation, any time an erection is present while sitting down I feel it. However, no pain of any kind, just a swelling sensation.

- Urinating has taken a consistent downward spiral over the last 4 years. It used to be slightly more difficult to go, then it became hard to get the pressure up to get a stream started and the pressure during the stream would be strong then weak then strong then weak. Now it's somewhat difficult to get a stream started, have to constantly push to keep the stream strong, it feels like something is "blocking it" and I can never get it to 100% strength, the stream still goes strong then weak strong then weak.

And most annoying of all after finishing urination it doesn't feel like I'm finished! So I have to stand there and push more, and low and behold more urine comes out. And not just little drops but sometimes full streams.

Sometimes when I walk away it'll still feel like there's urine in my penis and I may even sometimes go back and push some more. I'll wake up in the morning and my penis will slightly burn because I can feel there's left over urine from when I went to sleep inside of it. I basically go to sleep these days still feeling like I slightly have to urinate or "get it all out".

And it never feels like there's urine left over in my bladder, it always feels like it's right where my penis begins and throughout to the tip. After finishing urinating, I'll squeeze my penis from the bottom to the tip, without pushing, and sometimes i can even get a full stream to come out then.

This is extremely worrying as I'm only 22!

I had a cystoscope done showing nothing, several prostate checks showing nothing, My urine retention (where they do the check with the electronic device scanning your bladder) has been nothing, I recently had an MRI or something of my abdomen/bladder and there were no kidney stones or bladder stones or any of that.

I was scheduled to do a pressure test and never got around to it. I have never been known to have any STD or UTI, though it's possible at one point I may have had gonorrhea but I was never diagnosed or by the time I got checked out, 4-6 months after the unprotected sex it had passed (and that was when i was 18), which I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it? It is around when this problem began.

Or if back when I was 18 I started working my pubwhatever muscle to help with premature ejaculation. by starting to urinate then stopping abruptly mid-stream.

Is it possible I have a cyst or a tumor in that area, and it's growing? or something? The problem only seems to be getting worse.

The last urologist said maybe when trying that start stop technique, my body started tightening that muscle up and it screwed things up, and that maybe Uroxatral would help loosen it back up again.

So I was prescribed Uroxatral which is the muscle relaxer for the prostate and bladder, I didn't notice much of a difference and if there was one, it was minimal. Though I never took it on a constant basis, However, it's short acting, so I'd assume it wouldn't matter?

And as far as I know the swelling of the perineum seems to be a new development over the last 6-12 months. As well as the exceptional amount of extra pushing and going to sleep still feeling like I have to urinate some.

Anyone have any ideas?

Big thanks.

Last edited by MM1027; 06-01-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
(male)

MM1027 HB User
Re: Swelling of perineum during erection? Trouble with urination?

Nobody?

Last edited by MM1027; 06-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
(male)

MM1027 HB User

This really worries me and is affecting my daily life...nobody has any idea?

Could it be a tumor inside my colon or anything like that? I've been checked out by 3 different urologists, some of the best in the biz and they have no idea...

Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

You should have a urodynamics test. That will let the urologist know exactly what is going on. Oh yeah, forget modesty. After having this test, you'll remember it the rest of your life. It is painless, but very invasive.

Good luck.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Hi MM1027,

I've just joined this forum because I have been having exactly the same symptoms as you and wondered how you're getting on? Are you any better? Did you find out what was causing your problems with urination?
I am a 35 year old and have been experiencing problems like this but nobody can tell me what is going on. I do have a couple of ideas though.

It would be great to hear from you.

Seb.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
(male)

jason diggins HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebinkent View Post
Hi MM1027,

I've just joined this forum because I have been having exactly the same symptoms as you and wondered how you're getting on? Are you any better? Did you find out what was causing your problems with urination?
I am a 35 year old and have been experiencing problems like this but nobody can tell me what is going on. I do have a couple of ideas though.

It would be great to hear from you.

Seb.
Hello Seb,
No doctor has realy told me anything,the dr thought it could be a swollen prostrate,but i had a ultasound on on my prostrate done ,and it was normal prostrate size,not enlarged at all.
I also had blood and urine test done to check if prostrate was infected (prostatitis) all come back normal to .
I can tell you that when i am having sex with my girlfreind,the Perineum area ,swells up the size of a cricket ball,then after i climax,it shrinks back down to normal size.
But it feels abnormal ,very large and swollen when having sex or masturbating.
And sometimes its hard to pee,or it stops and starts,and other times its completly normal.
So thats all i know,if you ever find out what it could be let me know to ,thanks jason

Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #7
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason diggins View Post
Hello Seb,
No doctor has realy told me anything,the dr thought it could be a swollen prostrate,but i had a ultasound on on my prostrate done ,and it was normal prostrate size,not enlarged at all.
I also had blood and urine test done to check if prostrate was infected (prostatitis) all come back normal to .
I can tell you that when i am having sex with my girlfreind,the Perineum area ,swells up the size of a cricket ball,then after i climax,it shrinks back down to normal size.
But it feels abnormal ,very large and swollen when having sex or masturbating.
And sometimes its hard to pee,or it stops and starts,and other times its completly normal.
So thats all i know,if you ever find out what it could be let me know to ,thanks jason

Hi Jason,

I'm not a doctor or an expert in this field but I have done a lot of reading and research in this area of the body. I'm not sure how old you are but I'm guessing you're under 40? If so, you shouldn't really be having any kind of prostate enlargement - it is rare under the age of 40 and it would have been seen when you had your ultrasound anyway. There is something called a perineal hematoma which is a collection of blood under the muscles in that area but that usually occurs in women after child-birth. Have you injured that part of your body at all in the past?
A swelling in that area or any problems with the muscles in that area can affect urination because those muscles in the pelvic floor have to contract properly to keep urine in and relax properly to let the urine out. If those muscles aren't working properly or they are too tight, it will cause problems in starting the flow and the flow might start and stop or be weak. This is what I believe is happening with me. My muscles down there are screwed up from being so tense, anxious and stressed and I've been clenching them for months.. I'm probably going to need physical therapy.
I would talk to your doctor again but because you say the lump disappears after a while, I'd say it isn't a serious issue but obviously not normal.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Seb.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
(male)

brentjones HB User

I have the same issues. 51 Year old male. But I have not been to the urologist yet. I had a UTI a few weeks back but was cleared. Now the veins going to my testis swell after urination and even though it doesn't hurt badly is very distressing. I have some light pains on my lower back and my pelvis is also swollen. I will find out once I see the urologist. There is a thread here that talks about teaching yourself how to pee again. It help me a bit.

Reply Reply