It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
(male)

jcifjr HB User
Retrogrgade Ejaculation after Greenlight Laser surgery-Can it be reversed?

I'm 44 years old and 3 years ago, I had Greenlight laser surgery to help with my enlarged prostate. My Urologist mentioned in passing that I might wind up with retrograde ejaculation but said it wouldn't be a big deal. It IS a big deal.
My sex life had not been the same since. I have a very beautiful wife and as much as she hates to admit it, she misses the sensation she used to get when I climaxed. I hate letter her down. Plus, my orgasms are no way near as enjoyable as they used to be. I wish I never listened to my Urologist and just dealt with the symtoms I was having.

My question is, can it be reversed? I've read some articles about the possibility of taking high doeses of pseudoephed to reverse the ejaculation, but will it work with my condition since it was surgery?

There's got to be someone out there who is in my same position and was able to do something about it.

I want to please my wife and myself again.

Thanks for listening.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
(male)

chillipulp HB User
Re: Retrogrgade Ejaculation after Greenlight Laser surgery-Can it be reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcifjr View Post
My Urologist mentioned in passing that I might wind up with retrograde ejaculation but said it wouldn't be a big deal. It IS a big deal.
My sex life had not been the same since. ...
Damn right it is a big deal!

We find out the hard way: doctors don't think like normal people do, and one cannot rely on them for that kind of judgement.

Even if it weren't a big deal from the point of view of sensation, it obviously could be a big deal to anyone trying for a baby.

I don't really know how fixable this would be, but I'm not at all optimistic. If there were a reliable fix, your doctor would have been in a position to say 'if that happens, we can fix it'; instead, he says 'if that happens, it's no big deal'.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging. Maybe get medical advice on this, then cross-examine it to death before deciding to try anything they suggest.

Last edited by chillipulp; 06-20-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply