It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

ChezP HB User
Unhappy Problems with my catheter?

Hey everyone, I have a catheter in and I have had it in for about a month now. During the first week I had it in, my urine started to smell really bad, like rotten eggs and the smell has been getting worse as the weeks have gone by. I am also passing some weird worm like bits through my catheter and stuff that looks like cotton wool and blood clots. It really is disgusting. Well lately, my urine has been extremely cloudy, even when I am drinking a lot, it's just got so many bits in, it's really cloudy and it smells that bad, it makes me heave.

My urethra has been starting to hurt too. It literally feels like it's on fire, especially if I move. It itches really bad, it sings and it just overall burns. I get shooting pains there too, it really is horrible. Also, I am getting pains in my lower stomach, like a weird cramp, it hurts when I stand up straight.

I really am having trouble walking. It's extremely difficult, I have to hold on to something all the time because every step I take, it burns awful.

Anyway, since last night, I have been having some weird feelings in my lower back, never felt them before. But I suppose that could be anything. It's not painful, it just feels weird. I am also boiling hot all the time, I can't stop sweating. Just feel so bloated all the time.

Oh and I just started my period today so is that going to effect the catheter in any way?

I hate this I have this in until my urethral stretch can someone give me some answers? I have to wait a week to see my doctor and don't fancy going to hospital while I am on my period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Problems with my catheter?

Hi Chezp,

You should contact your urologist and ask him to check for a uti. The description you gave sounds like a uti except with a uti you will have an elevation in temperature.

Good luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
burning, catheter, pain, pain abdomen, urine