It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

overthepain HB User
Unhappy UTI is driving me up the wall

i started on a five day antibiotic called ceficlor but that did not work, and now im on ciprofloxin for 7 days, im on the third day and im in more pain than when i started, is this not working? Should i go back tto the docter...or just keep taking it till the end?
Also im taking cranbery tablets but not sure what good there doing :-(

Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
(female)

overthepain HB User
Re: UTI is driving me up the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthepain View Post
i started on a five day antibiotic called ceficlor but that did not work, and now im on ciprofloxin for 7 days, im on the third day and im in more pain than when i started, is this not working? Should i go back tto the docter...or just keep taking it till the end?
I just realised it could be the cranberry tablets causing my burning ie there acidic, ill stop taking them and see whats happens

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

Hello OTP,

I had a similar situation where my bladder felt like it was on fire. I, too, was taking cranberry pills and juice. My urologists told me not to touch anything cranberry that my urine was too acidic. He ordered me to drink all the lemonade I could, to make the urine more alkaline. A couple of days later, the burning ended.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Millard For This Useful Post:
overthepain (07-01-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
(female)

ihl HB User

hi,

i signed up just so i could reply to you because i know how much these hurt and it's so dangerous when your antibiotic stops working.

try this (below), it truly works. you can do it along w your antibiotics (i did mine an hour after taking antibotics w lots of water. it seemed to help kill the uti along w the antibiotics.

EVERY 3 HOURS - 4 times a day- SET THE TIMER ON YOUR STOVE AND DO THIS FOR 2-3 DAYS u know like 1 oclock 4 oclock 7 oclock and 10 oclock etc.
2 T BRAGGS Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother!!! not heinz or anything else.
1 tea. baking soda
4-6 drops of Stevia (this helped with the taste a lot!)
use a straw with it if u can to protect your teeth.
put all in 8 ounces of water and drink. It is strong USE A STRAW, i put the straw way back in my throat so i didn't have to taste it. The website said to do it 4X/Day. I also drank plenty of purified water in between. It is quite strong and tangy (kinda like sucking on a lemon), so I added a bit of stevia to this also. I must say that I rather enjoyed the taste after my first few glasses. I sipped on this throughout the day. Remember to urinate frequently to keep flushing out the bacteria.
I soaked in the tub on the 1st day--I added 1 cup of kosher salt, 1 cup of baing soda,1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1 T. ground ginger to my bath water and soaked for about 1/2 hour. The following morning I was feeling pretty good. My syptoms went away and I have been fine since.

the bath thing u only have to do one day if u want. You can get Braggs and stevia at the healthfood store. the stevia just helps the taste, it's not necessary, u don't need a lot of stevia, it's strong. DON'T use sugar or eat or drink anything with sugar for 48 hours, and cut down drastically on sugar - uti's feed on sugar. the above method is not my writing, i found it and tried it and a bunch of other people have tried it and it totally works. I felt amazingly better within 24 hours. I'm continueing to take my bactrim, til it's gone cuz you'll become resistant if you don't complete your meds. good luck to you. Nikki

Oh and P.S.:
CRANBERRY IS TOTAL BS FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME. IT DOESN'T WORK AND IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. I never use cranberry or dmanose, doesn't work. I have a med cond that causes frequent uti's. believe me I've tried EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN and the above method plus antibiotics is the only thing that has every truly got rid of it. good luck

Last edited by ihl; 06-30-2012 at 07:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ihl For This Useful Post:
overthepain (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

overthepain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihl View Post
hi,

i signed up just so i could reply to you because i know how much these hurt and it's so dangerous when your antibiotic stops working.

try this (below), it truly works. you can do it along w your antibiotics (i did mine an hour after taking antibotics w lots of water. it seemed to help kill the uti along w the antibiotics.

EVERY 3 HOURS - 4 times a day- SET THE TIMER ON YOUR STOVE AND DO THIS FOR 2-3 DAYS u know like 1 oclock 4 oclock 7 oclock and 10 oclock etc.
2 T BRAGGS Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother!!! not heinz or anything else.
1 tea. baking soda
4-6 drops of Stevia (this helped with the taste a lot!)
use a straw with it if u can to protect your teeth.
put all in 8 ounces of water and drink. It is strong USE A STRAW, i put the straw way back in my throat so i didn't have to taste it. The website said to do it 4X/Day. I also drank plenty of purified water in between. It is quite strong and tangy (kinda like sucking on a lemon), so I added a bit of stevia to this also. I must say that I rather enjoyed the taste after my first few glasses. I sipped on this throughout the day. Remember to urinate frequently to keep flushing out the bacteria.
I soaked in the tub on the 1st day--I added 1 cup of kosher salt, 1 cup of baing soda,1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1 T. ground ginger to my bath water and soaked for about 1/2 hour. The following morning I was feeling pretty good. My syptoms went away and I have been fine since.

the bath thing u only have to do one day if u want. You can get Braggs and stevia at the healthfood store. the stevia just helps the taste, it's not necessary, u don't need a lot of stevia, it's strong. DON'T use sugar or eat or drink anything with sugar for 48 hours, and cut down drastically on sugar - uti's feed on sugar. the above method is not my writing, i found it and tried it and a bunch of other people have tried it and it totally works. I felt amazingly better within 24 hours. I'm continueing to take my bactrim, til it's gone cuz you'll become resistant if you don't complete your meds. good luck to you. Nikki

Oh and P.S.:
CRANBERRY IS TOTAL BS FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME. IT DOESN'T WORK AND IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. I never use cranberry or dmanose, doesn't work. I have a med cond that causes frequent uti's. believe me I've tried EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN and the above method plus antibiotics is the only thing that has every truly got rid of it. good luck
Well i'm at the end of day 5 now and after quiting the cranbery tabs yesterday morning the burning stopped, but the infection is definantly still there, i cant stop going to the toilet morning and night its all i can think about, i live in new zealand so i'm not sure we have the products you sugested, i' ll check online now to see where i can buy them.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
(female)

overthepain HB User
Angry Re: UTI is driving me up the wall

Quote:
Well i'm at the end of day 5 now and after quiting the cranbery tabs yesterday morning the burning stopped, but the infection is definantly still there, i cant stop going to the toilet morning and night its all i can think about, i live in new zealand so i'm not sure we have the products you sugested, i' ll check online now to see where i can buy them.
Ok ive found brags acv is sold here, so i will buy and try as soon as antibiotics is finished, i cant try yet because it says on my medication not to take with antacids hence the baking soda :'(

Old 07-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
(female)

tammykinz HB User

Quote:
Cranberry might affect how the antibiotic is absorbed. I know cranberry can interfere with other meds so maybe that is it???

Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
(female)

overthepain HB User

I finished the 7 days on cipro and now im on another 7 days on nitrofurantoin which is actually working without cranberry tab and without baking soda and apple cider vinagar :-)

Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
(female)

overthepain HB User

Well after all the antibiotics ive just woken up and after going to the toilet, i now AGAIN have to frequently go to the toilet, i have no burning just the need to go.....im still taking antibiotics, is this ever going to end.
By the way i asked the docter about the vineger and baking soda mix and he says one is acid based and one is antacid, so whn mixed together they just react to each other and make froth ie. Schools use it for volcano eruptions in science class.

Reply Reply