It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

tammykinz HB User
Macrobid so sick UTI

Starting having pain peeing on the weekend. Saw doc on monday and was prescribed macrobid 100mg bid. This med is making me feel absolutely awful. I took one monday evening, the two on tuesday and then oy took one today. I do take with food but it doesnt matter. I feel so nauseated and tired. I just want to vomit but cant. I am stopping the med now and will go back to docs tomorrow. My uti doesnt hurt as much but i can still tell it is there so not cleared up yet!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Macrobid so sick UTI

Macrobid causes nausea for a lot of people, so you'll just need to switch to a different antibiotic. Hopefully your doc will just do that over phone for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Taking an antibiotic for a few days, then stopping, will make the infection stronger and harder to treat, so try not to do that. Call your doctor today for another script if possible.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
(female)

tammykinz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Taking an antibiotic for a few days, then stopping, will make the infection stronger and harder to treat, so try not to do that. Call your doctor today for another script if possible.
Thanks. I went back to doctors and am now on cipro xl once a day for five days. Took first one today and no nausea so good sign. I just feel really run down. 4 more days and hopefully done with this.

Reply Reply