It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
(male)

Samuelp07 HB User
Urethral discharge and pain/stinging, but all tests negative.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am a 29 year old heterosexual male from the U.K.

I had a sexual encounter 2 months ago and I have had the following symptoms from around this time: clear urethral discharge (minimal but still present), stinging at tip of penis and just inside urethra, stinging when passing urine. I received unprotected oral sex, but did not have penetrative sex. There was however, unclothed sexual contact (foreplay) in which the genitals may have come into contact.

I have had two separate examinations in which urine and swab tests were carried out (for chlamydia, gon, urethritis). On both occasions they came back negative. I also had blood tests (for HSV, HIV and syphilis), these also came back negative. I have taken a two week course of doxycycline and a week of metronidazole (not at the same time). My symptoms neither improved, nor subsided with these antibiotics.

I am very anxious about both what is causing this symptoms and if I will be able to get rid of them. Not having a diagnosis is also very frustrating, as I don't know what can be done to move forward. On top of this the symptoms are very uncomfortable.

Do you have an idea as to what could be going on?

Thank you,

Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply