Post vaporization turp - any answers?
I had the vaporization turp procedure done in June 2012. The recovery was excellent up until the three week mark. I was away for a weekend and when I arrived home I suddenly started urinating blood. Dark red blood, then clots. I was rushed to emergency, catheterized with an irrigation system and for 24 hours the nurses and a urologist removed clots in the emergency room.
After five days in hospital I was discharged. Three weeks later everything seems fine however.... After asking my urologist/surgeon what he thought could have caused the bleeding - he said "it happens". The urologist in emergency said it could happen again, months from now or years from now.
I'm confused and I have many questions? I'm scared to go back to the gym, scared to do anything strenuous, scare to travel abroad.
- Does anyone have any answers as to what can cause this to happen again?
- Has anyone else gone through the same thing?
- If so when did things get back to normal?
- Has anyone gone back to the gym after turp complications?
- Any post-turp complications success stories?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.