It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
(male)

Ventana HB User
Prostatitis or IC? Please help

So I know I posted here before and asked this but I wanna make sure before I go to my new urologist Wednesday. June 25th I was diagnosed with prostatitis. Was given rapaflo, levaquin and naproxen. My symptoms were difficulty urinating, straining to start stream, feeling like I had to go badly then nothing at all came out, intense pain at the tip of my penis sometimes that I would have to take a pain killer for, frequent urination, waking up 1-2 times a night to urinate (although normal for me), lower back aches sometimes that lasted for a few minutes here and there and the occasional pain in my rectum.

I never had these symptoms. I never had blood in my urine, never had bladder pain, never had it where it hurt when my bladder was filling up, never had urgency where it felt like if I didn't pee now I wasn't going to make it (I was always able to hold it although was uncomfortable but normal if you were holding a pee for a long time).

8 weeks later on medicine (today) I really only have frequency. I'm going about 8-10 times a day anywhere between 2-4 hour intervals. I go to the bathroom then about 30 minutes later I have the feeling again but I can hold it easily for 2-4 hours then. I sleep through the night waking up about every 4-8 hours to urinate. I am 25 years old and just worried that I may have IC. I had a cystoscopy and my doctor told me that my bladder looks 100% normal and there are no signs on IC in my bladder. He also told me that the frequency is the last thing to go in prostatitis and it could take a couple months. My question is do you guys still think it could be IC? I already have been to 3 urologists and they all said I do not have IC and I'm going to a fourth one Wednesday. What do you guys think? It seems to get worse when I'm stressed and nervous or anxiety hits me. I just moved from my childhood home yesterday and the last two days I have been peeing more and the stream is not as powerful as before. Could this be cause I am under stress?

Question though also I'd liked answered.

-if I had IC would I be able to hold my urine like I can without pain for hours?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply