It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
(female)

PygmyParrot HB User
Advice needed, problems following uti/kidney infection

Hi all, thanks to anyone first of all who is reading - I have been going out of my mind since June so apologies if this is long or incredibly boring!

I am a 34 year old woman with 3 children, the youngest was born four years ago and was a quick but traumatic delivery (shoulder dystocia). I am adding that just in case it may be related, however the health problems I am encountering have never raised their nasty little heads until a few months ago.

It started after I shaved 'down there' in the bath, I almost immediately after felt I needed to pee constantly, a pin stuck in my urethra/clitoral area is the best way I could describe it. My urine did not burn, and it wasn't until a couple of days later that my back began to ache and I started to feel 'unwell'. Headed to gps to find white blood cells and protein in my wee, so began a course of nitrofurantoin which at first felt like it was working. Two days before the end of the course I felt worse than ever, constant need to pee (peeing a lot due to the sheer amount of water I was getting down me) and awful delirium and fatigue plus aches and pains. Back to docs and prescribed Cefalexin...same thing happened almost. Antibiotics worked and my fever and pain disappeared, but the urge and 'pin like' feeling continued. Back to docs after giving it a week..she said just irritation after testing my urine again and finding it infection free. After another two weeks of this irritating feeling, and noting some burning (generalised around the urethra but not feeling as if it is deeply inside if that makes sense) after sex I tried an oral thrush tablet (I have had thrush several times though strangely stopped suffering after having my first child) because although I wasn't itching I felt puffy and sore and thrush like. Tablet seemed to work...I though great, it was probably candida all along and then gradually I felt myself improving. This improvement each day continued until I had my last period two weeks ago, and I now have good days and bad, sometimes good mornings and then a bad evening with it but my current symptoms are as follows:

I can hold my bladder overnight, however not as long as I could during the day anymore..it starts to feel quite uncomfortable.
If my urine is too concentrated it burns the skin around my vulva (not scream out loud painful but uncomfortable)
Tingly pressure around clitoris and urethra that comes and goes, sometimes as I breathe in a feel the tiny jab of tingle, other times when I relax deeply I can almost forget that there is any problem at all.
Strange 'tugging' sensation on left hand side (top of my leg/hip but inside) if I have a clitoral orgasm. Not very painful..and does seem better than it was but definitely there.
Soreness if I wear jeans, thank god for maxi skirts I can go commando and everything feels so much better!
Feeling of heat/low level burning that is relieved if I apply cold water to my genitals.
Symptoms seem to be alleviated slightly by standing to pee.
No unusual discharge, and a very recent smear showed no problems.

What the bloomin heck is wrong with me!?

Last edited by PygmyParrot; 08-31-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply