It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
(male)

sharkbait31 HB User
Question Frequent Urination, Low Flow pressure

I have had this urinary issue since high school.
I am 39 years old now.
If I don't dring any liquids except at meals, I urinate about once every 2 hours.
If I drink ANY water, etc between meals, I go once per hour or more.
I wake up at about 4:30 every morning to go and then can't go back to sleep.

When I go, the flow is low pressure. I usually stand there for a long time waiting for it all to finish dribbling out. When I'm done, a little more usually comes out.
Regardless how much pressure is built up, (like in the morning), it is always the same and never comes out any faster.

I have had one kidney stone and never had a UTI.

I see a urologist who says he sees a few cases a year of this in males my age, with no logical explanation.
We have tried 5 different medications, cystoscope was negative, CT was negative, glucose tolerance test was negative, prostate is normal and blood work is normal.

My dad has a similar problem but he has an enlarged prostate.

One think I found interesting: after the cystoscope, when I urinated, it came out like a fire hose. It felt great, and I thought that is how it is supposed to work. But the urologist dismissed it.

I occasionally have a random sharp pain at the tip of my penis (not related to urination, and NOT inflammation, or anything exterior) that feels similar to a stone, but he also dismissed this, inferring that it may be referred pain.

He says we may look into Primary Bladder Obstruction, but it is something that is not guaranteed to work, and not without risks.
I have considered checking hormone levels, etc and I am about 30 lbs. overweight.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply