It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
(male)

carsonhill HB User
Help.. 2 ER visits/2 urologists and Pain is comming back!.. unbearable..

Help. I'm horrified. I'm a 31 year old male.

Levofloaxicin stopped working. The pain was so bad I started having anxiety about bathroom doors and for the first time in my life asked for an anti depressant (from a urologist). I've admitted myself to the ER twice and seen 2 urologists.

Extreme pain when urinating. Couldn't urinate and a catheter in the ER horrified me. even asked doc to cut the nerves to my penis.. I know how crazy that is..

Symptoms are narrowing of the urethra, extreme pain during urination/not mild, mostly in the penis head... drips of pee coming out are unbearable..
sharp aches and pains, unpredictable pain. nerve type pain of extremes

Tested negative for UTI, common STD's, Goneria,a nd Clymidia. no kidney stones

no other pain other than in head of penis and urethra area..
penis head toughens up and if pinched feels sharp jolts of pain and sting..

but the bathroom is the problem.
I didn't drink for almost 2 days and the ER doesn't seem to have a solution..
I.V etc.. they just Med me up and ask me to pee. or mention a chatheter. I'd almost rather die.

already had a surgery under anasthesia where they dilated my urethra to widen it and checked for kidney stones..

used doxycycline, cypro, flagyl..
(had a surgery to open dilate or widen urethra)(all this past 2 months)

2nd urologist said prostate may be boggy. put me on levofloaxicin. In two weeks symptoms were nearly gone. after 25 days of levo he said i could stop and symptoms started again. Went back on levo for a second dose .. they improved for a while but symptoms have declined since, even while on second dose of Levo.

I've been eating healthy,... scared it was stopping the levo. have started taking it first thing in the morning w/ out food. but i eat high protein mineral vegetables later. Perhaps I became immune.

Please help...

Is there any other antibiotic similar to levofloaxicin that might work..

the night before this started. I masterbated like 3 times in a row in like five minutes. I don't drink often but had drank heavily that night. I knew it would have hurted had I not been drunk. so I don't know if its nerve damage, prostatitis, urethra stricture, or some unknown cause..

Had experienced mild bathroom increase in night before that.. having to get up just to pee a lil in the night but then was no pain...

anyway.. I'm a week away from my next urology app.. and the ER doesn't do much but threaten a catheter which is like pooring lemon juice in a open stomach wound.

please bare with my panic.. can anyone help..

Last edited by Administrator; 10-09-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Help.. 2 ER visits/2 urologists and Pain is comming back!.. unbearable..

I would wonder with urethritis and prostatitis, if this is primarily an inflammatory condition versus infection. Nothing that you did should have caused this. Young men sometimes get prostate irritation and even infection from prolonged bike riding, because of pressure on the perineum from the bike seat. If you cycle, I would temporarily stop, and see if that helps.

There may be some value in adding Pyridium, a urinary pain med that numbs the urethra so it doesn't hurt. It is taken orally three times a day. It contains an "Azo" dye that turns your urine bright orange, scary if you aren't expecting that. It really helps with the pain.

An antiinflammatory medication like Naproxen, OTC, or stronger dose by RX may help too. I don't know how they ruled out infection in the urethra, but some pathogens like chlamydia can be testing by blood tests, looking for antibodies to the germ rather than relying on cultures. That may be worthwhile.

All of these things could be asked for from your urologist. If you have urethritis bad enough to cause strictures, and no infection can be found, a visit to a rheumatologist may prove helpful, as urethritis and prostatitis can be part of certain autoimmune disorders, and that would be the next area to explore looking for a cause.

If you get pYridium, wear dark, old underwear while on it or the tidy whities will be orange polka dotted from stains. Sorry you are going thru this nightmare, and I hope it gets cleared up soon!

Last edited by Administrator; 10-09-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Reply Reply