It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

39yrOldCalimale HB User
Shooting pain in penis, pinched nerve?

Hi there, I'm hoping to get more info on an issue I've been having... please read:

About a month ago I was watching TV and felt a sudden intense itch on the left side of my foreskin while laying on the bed. For about two days after that my foreskin was red and swollen on the left side. I shower very frequently and pull the foreskin back all the time and keep it very clean. But I do have a very sensitive foreskin and a mild case of phimosis (I can pull the foreskin all the way back only when flacid). The irritation went away after two days, but came back about a week later... at that point I went to see a doctor and he noticed my foreskin was a little sore... he said it was probably Balanitis and told me to apply an over the counter anti itch cream and to not pull back on my foreskin too aggressively. We also did STD tests and everything came back negative (HIV, Chlamidia, Ghonohrea, Syphilis, negative all of them). We also tested for Diabetes, and it was negative too. My cholesterol was the only thing slightly elevated and I was a little low in Vitamin D.

So then things went ok for about 4 days after my first doctor's visit. But then suddenly throughout the day at work, I could feel the head of my penis getting a little sore and it was bugging... but didn't pay attention until I sat on the edge of my chair at a meeting and felt what I would describe as a minor nerve pain shooting from my groin area to the head of my penis, which intensified the burning on the head of the penis. When i got home that same night I pulled the foreskin back and noticed red blotches and little white particles. The skin on the head of the penis was irritated again. So I jumped in the shower and poured cold water which helped immediately relieve the burn and the white particles quickly washed off. I applied garlic oil from a gel pill I had thinking it might be a yeast infection after all. I also emailed my doctor about it and sent him a pic I had taken with my phone so that he could assess... and he emailed back that same night and told me to apply an over the counter anti-fungus cream, which I did that same night. The swelling was definitely gone immediately after that, but about an hour later, as I was sitting on a wooden chair watching TV, I got up and my penis and groin area went completely numb and I could feel that nerve pain again shooting down from my groin area to the head of my penis. Not sure if it was a urethra pain as its hard to distinguish and throughout this whole ordeal I've never had any pain urinating. I also felt it that same night while sleeping on my side for a little bit. Everything else was fine... no pain when urinating at all. I emailed my doctor again in the morning and asked if it could be prostatis but he didn't think so and he referred me to a urologist.

The next morning I showered again, and applied more anti-fungal cream and felt great for about 4 days and kept repeating this routine. Then went to a urologist about 2 days afterwards who examined me. He said everything looked fine (I was having a good day at that point with no swelling). He also said it could not be a yeast infection if the symptoms came and went... he said if it were, the burning would of persisted and not gone away immediately after applying cream or cold water. He suggested that I might have atopic dermatitis (as I do get dermatitis flare ups once in a while on my hands and legs) but he wasn't sure what could be causing the shooting pain. We also did a urine test and everything came back negative... tested for: Glucose, UA; Bilirubin, UA; Ketones, UA; Specific Gravity, UA; Hemoglobin, ur, ql; PH, UA was 5.0; Protein, UA; Urobilinogen, UA <2.0; Nitrite, UA; Leukocyte esterase, UA; Color Urine Yellow; Specimen Source Clean.

So now I'm just trying to figure out what is causing all these symptoms... could the shooting pain I feel be a pinched nerve? Would it be related to the irritation on the head of the penis? I was also given Betamethasone to help address my mild case of phimosis. But what worries me is the shooting pain I get when I sit on the edge of a chair or sometimes I feel it a little bit when having a bowel movement. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a 39 year old male with no history of health issues. I do get frequent acid reflux and take prescription strength pepcid. Other than that I'm in very good health, but just worried about the shooting pain issue. My urologist said he would check in with me in the next 3 weeks but asked that I keep track of what might cause the flare ups on the head of my penis if I get any more episodes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply