It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

xxkayla123xx HB User
Uti help :((

hello, i've had uti problems for about 2 years now and im 17 years old. Ive been to the doctor many times n got prescribed antibiotics...usually bactruim, amoxicillion, and cipro. it would work for about a day after taking the full dose of it and bam uti again. I just recenty took bactruim again and here i am with another UTI what could be wrong? It burns so bad I just want answers and relief. please someone get back to me asap I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by xxkayla123xx; 01-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
(female)

CrossMyHeart HB User
Re: Uti help :((

I just got over one myself, so I know how you feel. It feels like shards of glass are stabbing your urethra every time you pee.

If you are getting reoccurring UTIs, there are a couple questions you should ask yourself: Am I drinking enough fluids to keep urine dilute and flush pathogens out? Am I wiping properly every time I go to the bathroom? If you are sexually active, do you urinate before and after sex?

Cranberry pills and juice has helped a lot of people I know. Some people with chronic UTIs are sometimes put on low doses of antibiotics for months at a time.

I would talk with your doctor to see what options you have. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrossMyHeart For This Useful Post:
xxkayla123xx (01-31-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
(female)

xxkayla123xx HB User

Thanks for the advice. I do not drink a lot of water mainly pop... I try to drink at least 2 glasses of water a day to help me pee. I was wondering if you'd suggest I make an appointment with a urologist? Because they do get pretty bad and I don't think my regular doc. is going to be able to figure out the main problem.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
(female)

CrossMyHeart HB User

Hello,

Try to increase your water intake. If you are having reoccurring UTIs, then I would suggest meeting with a urologist just to overrule something else that may be causing them. For some people, they have an abnormality in their urethra that makes them more susceptible to infection.

I forgot to add something in my last post. If you feel the urge to go pee, then go pee. Holding your urine in increases the likelihood of infection. This was my problem when I was still in school which resulted in my first UTI.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

Jill1955 HB User

Get some over the counter AZO that stops the burning, but it's only a coverup until you get the infection under control. "If your male you might not want to read the rest. Stay very clean down below, remove pubic hair, panties loose, wipe from front to back do not get any fecal matter near the vaginal opening. I hope your not but if your are sexually active void after intercourse, make sure partner is super clean, do not engage in any activity sexually that will infect vaginal area ( can't think of another way to put it,with a young girl and mixed audience) and drink lots, as in 4-5 bottle of water a day. Always finish antibiotics even if you feel better. And if anyone else can add to the list jump in.

Reply Reply