It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Can a UTI turn into an infected stone??

I am a little confused. On Tuesday night of this week, I started having a sensation after urinitating and a low grade fever. I have had kidney infections and UTIs before so I assumed that is what this was. Since I am in PM I had pain med that I tried to help with the pain in my side and nothing worked. I went to my PCP Wed. She did a urine screen and she put me on bactrum. She said yes it was def a UTI. I just continued to get worse.
Well the symptoms continued to get worse and worse. I started getting nausea and vomiting, higher fever and just plan felt bad. I see a PM dr for side pain issues so I went to her. She took my blood pressure, did some feeling on my side and lower back and gave me a tordal shot. Then she sent me straight to the ER. She said she was worried I had a blockage, or kidney stone.
I spent all day today in the ER. I had blood drawn (which showed my white count was high), the urine they took was clear, no bacteria (I am totally confused bc can a UTI clear up in 2 days?).. He then ordered a CT scan.
He said the CT scan showed a small 2mm stone, blocking my uretha and it was infected. He said that was that was the cause of my pain, temp, nausea all that. He gave me 2 dilaudid shots (not at the same time, one when I got there and one before I left), a zofran shot, and some stronger pain meds, along with phernergan prescriptions to take home.
I am so confused. Was my PCP wrong about the UTI? She acted like my urine def showed one.. When he said my urine was clear I was shocked. I am also confused as to how the stone is infected. Would there not still be infection in my urine in this case? I guess I just dont understand. I am straining my urine and taking my meds. I am still hurting but not anything like I was and I am glad to know what the cause is.
I just wanted to get some thoughts on this..
If the stone isnt out by Wed, I have to see a urologist anyways.
Thanks for reading!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply