pediatric circumcision started (cut) but stitched up after hypospadias concerns
Hello, I am a new user. I have been searching the internet for months now trying to research the next steps for my new born son. We had a nightmare of a circumcision.
He was brought in to the local pediatric office at two weeks as recommended. They took him away and started the procedure (in another room). After waiting for about 45min, our pediatrician come in and said they could not complete the procedure.
What they had done was make the slit and even went so far ar to put the ring clam on his foreskin. However, the pediatrician said, at that time, she noticed he might have a mild Hypospadias. She stitched him up and let us know we'd need to go to a urologist.
My wife and I were heartbroken. It looked absolutely horrible and painful.
A week later, we took him to a urologist who said that "it was probably nothing" and to do a circumcision at 1 year and leave it as-is for now.
Fast-forward to present day, my son is now 3 months old. My concerns:
- The pediatrician who initially stitched him up did not do a good job, the urologist noticed this and even mentioned it. She tried to re-create the foreskin. he now only has a tiny hole to void from in an awkward place facing up.
- The hole is getting smaller and he when he voids, it is under pressure and literally flying high in the air (not my biggest concern). I am concerned that his hole will continue to get smaller, and we cannot wait 1 year.
- The foreskin is healed, but obviously scared. It is also bunching up at the top and looks awful (although this may be from a parents point of view)
- You cannot see the head of the penis, this has me worried for a few reasons. one, could the pediatrician have damaged this area when she stitched him up? two, the re-created foreskin is too tight, and I'm concerned of permanent damage.
These concerns boil down to next-steps for me, I don't know what to do. I do not think we can wait a year. My doctors referral to a local urologist does not cut it for me. I really need some advice here on what to do next.
My main concern is that I do not know if waiting the 1-year is doing any irreversible damage. I know it's not about me, but I think about this every day and am literally worrying myself sick. I feel like it's my responsibility as a parent to do everything I can in my power to ensure the health of my son. But, I cannot find any information about this and am hoping someone in this community can help.
Thank you very much!