It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
(male)

GTfan HB User
Epididymitis

I was diagnosed with Epididymitis about a month ago. I took a round of antibiotics for a week and the pain cleared up completely. Then about 4 days later the pain was back and slowly getting as bad as before. I saw a urologist who gave me antibiotics to last me 3 weeks twice a day.

I am two weeks in. The pain has lessened but is still there. I had been taking antacids for the first week for acid reflux and esophagus spasms, but I realized that this could lessen the effect of the antibiotics. So I completely went off antacids and I'm just dealing with the acid.

I feel like the problem isn't getting much better. Should I be worried or should the antibiotics eventually clear things up? I have started taking sitz bathes, icing my testicle, taking ibuprofen (makes acid reflux worse), and wearing a jock strap for support.

I'm 23 years old and. Shouldn't have to be dealing with this. I can't lift weights or do anything with women. I let a girl dance on me last weekend and my balls were wrecked all night and I had lay down try to sleep through the excruciating pain. I just want my active lifestyle back.

Should I be worried? Any suggestions or experience?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
(female)

Garda11 HB User
Re: Epididymitis

Hi GT fan,

My father had Epididymitiis going on a number of weeks, he was in alot of pain. Several anti-bio late no relief. He was admitted my his urologist for intervaneous anti.b twice a day for 5 days. That cleared it.

Please mind yourself, been danced on my just give you extra pain..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
(male)

GTfan HB User

Completely done with my antibiotics and still no relief. I have started icing and taking warm baths more regular. I have limited physical activity to pretty much being bed-ridden when I'm not at work. Also started taking Advil twice a day hoping to reduce inflammation.

I have been dealing with this pain for over a month and don't know what else to try.

Is there anyway this could be something besides epididymitis? There was no sign of infection in my urine but there was blood. Doc seemed to think it was an infection that the urine tests couldn't see.

Last edited by GTfan; 02-12-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
(male)

GTfan HB User

Went back to the Urologist today and he said all we can do is keep trying different antibiotics until something works. I'm supposed to take antibiotics for another month as well as some prescription anti-inflammatory.

He said if nothing gets rid of the pain then last resort is to remove my epididymis. This getting pretty terrifying at this point. My God, I'm a healthy 23 year old that shouldn't have to be dealing with this.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
(male)

Sig45 HB User

It sucks, but sometimes you just have to give it time. I got that 3 years ago (32 at the time). The most potent antibiotics they could give me (Rocephin injections and oral Cipro) did precisely jack. After 2-3 months it slowly got better.

And as an added bonus I found out I'm allergic to Percocet while going through all that.

Oh, and any doc that wants to give you a Rocephin injection should probably get punched in the junk in retribution. That is one of the singularly most painful things I've had a doc do to me. And that was with them mixing it with Novocain. I couldn't stand upright for over 6 hours after that.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
(male)

GTfan HB User

Pain has changed recently. Instead of the usual "just got hit in the junk" feeling I used to have, now I have a burning, tingling sensation from my groin around to myleft butt cheek and all the way down my left leg.

I'm assuming this has something to do with my nerves in that area. I called the doc and he said that testicle inflammation can cause this. Anybody have any similar experiences?

The following user gives a hug of support to GTfan:
tomyry (02-18-2013)
Reply Reply