It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

Garda11 HB User
Bladder not emptying properly was the result

Hi there,

I got the results of my ultra sound today. Everything was fine EXCEPT,
my bladder is not emptying fully. I was meant to drink 1 1/2 litres of water.
By the time I had 250mls taken I knew I needed to go soon. Down the other 250ml and after that I was in agony. Thankfully I was seen straight away.
when I was told to empty my bladder Which I did. Then when she used the ultrasound again, she said there was still a large volume of water left.

So now I have to get a urodyamic testing done.

If my bladder isnt emptying properly what can be done for that does anyone know? Is this just pelvic floor exercises or get bladder retraining ?

Anyone ????

Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Bladder not emptying properly was the result

Hello Garda,

I am spinal cord injury (SCI) and have the same problem. I have a neurogenic bladder. My bladder muscles and bladder nerves do not work together properly leaving approximately 350 ml in my bladder after voiding. The problem with this residual is it creates the perfect environment for creating urinary tract infections. The urodynamics test (modesty destroying) will tell the urologist exactly what your bladder is doing. I ended up having to do a clean intermittent catheterization (CIC) for uti prevention.

As for treatment, your urologist will decide that after the urodynamic testing.

Good luck and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

Garda11 HB User

Thanks Millard, I had a spinal fusion done in 2006, L4 L5, L5 S1 so I have 6 screws and 3 rods in my back. This problem started 12 months ago, and my first UTI, everything was okay until a few months later same thing, but no infection, then I would be fine for a few weeks but can happen now a few days later, still no infection. But I cant understand why it isnt constant if I am not emptying properly..... Thank you for your response and help, I am greatful to even get a reply!. Will let you know the outcome.
thanks,
G

Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
(female)

kec1944 HB User

Hi Garda11,
I am a very healthy and fit 40 year old woman who also has problems emptying my bladder. I retain anywhere from 100-200ml after peeing--a very uncomfortable feeling! I've had urodynamics, cystoscopy, and MRI done, and it turns out that I have some fibrotic tissue growing around my urethra which is obstructing my urine flow. I am supposed to have a procedure done next month in which my urologist will make an incision in my vagina to get to my urethra to cut out this excess tissue. Hopefully that will resolve my issue. You should ask about having urodynamics and a cystoscopy done to get your diagnosis.

Reply Reply