It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Removing all 13 stone from my kidney at one time?!

I went to the urologist yesterday. I was surprised to learn that they can now go in a kidney and clean out any stones in there all at once. She said there is new technology that alows them to do it, in cases like mine where there are so many stones (like I stated above I have 13). I have a stone the is giving me pain from trying to pass and thats why I went to start with. She said she can get this stone out and so the other procedure at the same time. I go one day this week.
I guess I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this bc last I heard, they would not do the cleaning out because your kidney can bleed and shut down. She said there are still risks, they are just not as high. I am in PM and she is hoping this will help stop some of my pain.
She also told me about a thyroid blood test to check to see if your hormones produce too much calcuim and that could be the cause of all my stones. I have never heard of this test either and had even asked some doctor before about bloodwork maybe keying in on a cause for them.
So this is why I love my urologist. She is very up to date and knows alot. I am hoping she can clean my left kidney without any problems. She said if theres still pain, after she does her surgery, she is recommending my Ob-Gyn do laprascopy surgery and see if I might have something the CT, x-rays and ultrasounds are not showing. She is def trying to find the source of my pain.
Heres the crazy part, she is against the hypogastric plexus block my PM dr wants to do on the 21st. She said it would be of no benefit to me?
Sorry so long.. Anyone have anything they can tell me about any of this? Thoughts? Comments. I would appreciate it so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
(female)

Limidu43 HB User
Re: Removing all 13 stone from my kidney at one time?!

The thyroid test is for parathyroid, which if its high can cause stones. Find a nephrologist (kidney doctor) who specializes in stone formation and they will probably do a 24 or 48 hour urine test through Litholink ( you can look up the company online). This way they can try to figure out what is causing your stones. I had a ureteroscopy last year and I had a complication afterwards with a ureter stricture. They are hard to permanently repair but they believed it happened because I'm so small (5'). No matter what any procedure and even just passing the stones naturally does cause some damage and scarring. Just make sure you do your homework about the procedure and the doctor performing it. I hope you become stone free soon!

Reply Reply