It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3
Justnh HB User
Exclamation Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Hi I'm a 23 year old male and I'm new here, I wish I wasn't (no offense). For the past week I've been experiencing this constant urge to urinate even after I just went. I'm currently on oxybutinin and it seems to have dulled the sensation a bit but I fear it is starting to lose it's effect.

I've been to the doctors numerous times (haven't seen a urologist yet but have been referred and awaiting a call) and have had blood work, urine samples and ultra sounds and all have come back negative.

It's been so bad I had a mental breakdown. I have trouble falling asleep and my appetite (I lost 5lbs in the past week) is almost non existent. Also I don't feel like drinking much even though I know I should.

This all started one night after I had a big binge on fast food (burritos, poutines, hotdogs and coke zero) Coke zero usually makes me pee a lot but not this bad and the urge goes away after I pee.

The urge didn't go away and I was in the process of moving out of town which kind of distracted me but once I was all moved in the nightmare began.

I couldn't sleep and I only fell asleep after I passed out due to being too tired
to keep my eyes open. I've been so scared since I've been researching online
for a clue of what I might have and have read on in horror of people who have
a similar problem to me and have had been suffering for months and some even years.


My mental health was in good standings before this happened and I was only
taking prozac for anxiety which was working very well for a number of years.
Now I fear my life as I know it is over and I'm going to suffer this forever.

I've been thinking of drastic ways to stop this feeling such as getting
paralyzed from the waist down and using a catheter the rest of my life
or somehow disabling the nerves in my bladder so I have no feeling of having
to go at all and then get checked by the doc a lot while using a catheter.

If you have a decent answer please remember the following

- I don't have a UTI
- No pain or burning while urinating
- I have not been drinking a lot (and if I do it's water)
- I have a decreased appetite (might be because of stress)
- feeling of having to go all the time even after urinating


I've also noticed that people that are experiencing this are around my age and
gender. Something is odd here and needs to be investigated by experts pronto.

Last edited by Justnh; 02-11-2013 at 04:47 PM.

 
Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
ladybud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,108
ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Some possibilities that come to mind are an interstitial cystitis (inflammation of the bladder without infection), bladder spasms (may be secondary to IC), urethritis (typically involves a penile discharge. Interstitial cystitis is sometimes triggered by aggravating foods, fluids, so I would try the following: First thing make a urology appointment. Then immediately eliminate alcohol, all caffeine (coffee, tea, colas, chocolate, Mtn Dew, energy drinks) and citrus fruits and juices. No Vit C or hot spicy foods or tomatoe products. After a few days you may see some improvement. Your regular Dr may also prescribe Pyridium for you. It is a urinary analgesic that numbs the bladder, but be prepared for bright orange urine and wear old undies in case they get stained. It helps immensely and can be taken with the bladder relaxant medication.

 
Reply With Quote
The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
Justnh (02-10-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Justnh (02-10-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3
Justnh HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justnh View Post
Hi I'm a 23 year old male and I'm new here, I wish I wasn't (no offense). For the past week I've been experiencing this constant urge to urinate even after I just went. I'm currently on oxybutinin and it seems to have dulled the sensation a bit but I fear it is starting to lose it's effect.

I've been to the doctors numerous times (haven't seen a urologist yet but have been referred and awaiting a call) and have had blood work, urine samples and ultra sounds and all have come back negative.

It's been so bad I had a mental breakdown. I have trouble falling asleep and my appetite (I lost 5lbs in the past week) is almost non existent. Also I don't feel like drinking much even though I know I should.

This all started one night after I had a big binge on fast food (burritos, poutines, hotdogs and coke zero) Coke zero usually makes me pee a lot but not this bad and the urge goes away after I pee.

The urge didn't go away and I was in the process of moving out of town which kind of distracted me but once I was all moved in the nightmare began.

I couldn't sleep and I only fell asleep after I passed out due to being too tired
to keep my eyes open. I've been so scared since I've been researching online
for a clue of what I might have and have read on in horror of people who have
a similar problem to me and have had been suffering for months and some even years.


My mental health was in good standings before this happened and I was only
taking prozac for anxiety which was working very well for a number of years.
Now I fear my life as I know it is over and I'm going to suffer this forever.

I've been thinking of drastic ways to stop this feeling such as getting
paralyzed from the waist down and using a catheter the rest of my life
or somehow disabling the nerves in my bladder so I have no feeling of having
to go at all and then get checked by the doc a lot while using a catheter.

If you have a decent answer please remember the following

- I don't have a UTI
- No pain or burning while urinating
- I have not been drinking a lot (and if I do it's water)
- I have a decreased appetite (might be because of stress)
- feeling of having to go all the time even after urinating


I've also noticed that people that are experiencing this are around my age and
gender. Something is odd here and needs to be investigated by experts pronto.
Okay, I want to say something to those who may have similar symptoms to mine and may be going through the exact thing I went through. I believe it is psychological because it happened right as a big life change happened (I've also read numerous posts where people were having a big life change go down before the symptoms started). Just recently the symptoms started to dull down during the day and pick up right when I was about to go to sleep. Now the symptoms are almost non existent. If you have had a bunch negative tests and blood work take a good look at your current life situation and then go see a psychiatrist, I did and I'm starting to recover. Please do it if not for yourself but for your family and friends. I can't thank mine enough for the love and support they gave me during this scary experience. Good luck to you all!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
HoosierKara HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justnh View Post
Okay, I want to say something to those who may have similar symptoms to mine and may be going through the exact thing I went through. I believe it is psychological because it happened right as a big life change happened (I've also read numerous posts where people were having a big life change go down before the symptoms started). Just recently the symptoms started to dull down during the day and pick up right when I was about to go to sleep. Now the symptoms are almost non existent. If you have had a bunch negative tests and blood work take a good look at your current life situation and then go see a psychiatrist, I did and I'm starting to recover. Please do it if not for yourself but for your family and friends. I can't thank mine enough for the love and support they gave me during this scary experience. Good luck to you all!
Hi Justnh...hope you see this! I'm in the *exact* same position now as you were then, and I'm just wondering how you're doing. Is the feeling still gone? I've had the constant urge to urinate for three days now and I feel like it's never going to end and I'm going to lose it. The tests were negative, and I have had significant stress in my life lately (although I'm trying to relax about it all now). PLEASE someone tell me it gets better!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3
Justnh HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierKara View Post
Hi Justnh...hope you see this! I'm in the *exact* same position now as you were then, and I'm just wondering how you're doing. Is the feeling still gone? I've had the constant urge to urinate for three days now and I feel like it's never going to end and I'm going to lose it. The tests were negative, and I have had significant stress in my life lately (although I'm trying to relax about it all now). PLEASE someone tell me it gets better!!
Well from what I gathered it is psychological. I'm still kind of feeling the urge but it's gone down to a level that if I'm pre-occupied with something I don't even realize it. I think a lot of it is tied to anxiety since I have OCD. It's been getting better little by little but I still have no clue of the cause. All I can say is that it is at a comfortable level that I'm not going insane. I think maybe my body is triggering the urge as a response to high anxiety and my ocd makes it keep getting worse so the 2 kind of play off of each other.

I also had an episode a few years back where I had just moved to a new house and I started getting heart palpitations at night (and a few times in the day) It eventually went away. My advice for you is to see a psychiatrist since they can help you deal with this issue whether it be medicinal or emotional. I did and I'm a lot better off because of it. Hang in there!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
jpickett5259 HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Hi Justnh

I have had very similiar symptoms. I am a 27 year old mate from Australia and this recurring issue has been happening since 2011 its now 2014. Its happend 3 times in this period.

First time happend when I was travelling to the USA with my girlfriend. Constant urge to urinate after I had urinted, and urinary frequency all day and worse at night time couldn't even get to sleep. I had to sleep sitting up with a heat pack on my stomach. Doctors in the US gave me anti-biotics and Drugs to ease the prostate, but nothing was working. The issue persisted for weeks until I got back to Australia.

I saw a Urologist, he checked my prostate all good there no enlargement, no infection from Urine analysis, Blood test was ok, Ultra sound of the bladder was ok. All came up negative. I needed answers. In the end I had a Cystoscopy. After the operation the there was nothing wrong with my bladder and no irregulatories, the urologist then recommended bladder training. However all the symptoms after the operation went away completely. SUCESS

Or was it at the end of 2012 the symptoms came back again. Urine Frequency and urge to urinate after urinating, not sure if it was in the bladder or the Urinary tract. It feels like someone is sratching my bladder or urethra after I urinate but no pain whatsoever. It was depilitating to my quality of life, lack of sleep for weeks on end, massive mood swings from lack of sleep and stress. I went and visited a naturopath for help she gave me a whole bunch of herbs to treat bladder infections, and urinary frequency ect. The issue went away eventually but took along time.

Its now the start of 2014 and the symptoms have come back again. I"M SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS, I have now tried Acupunture, Chinese Herbs, went back to the Naturopath for the same herbs, and Bladder training to cut my fluid intake, but the problem still persists. Also one point before the feeling of a bowel movement the urge goes away dramatically. However after a bowel movement the problem comes back. Can Anyone please help.

Would be much appreciated.

James Pickett

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hertfordshire england
Posts: 19
tara24 HB Usertara24 HB User
Re: Urge to urinate (negative tests and no pain) need help bad!

Hi James-I also had this problem from November 2012 until recently. I have posted on this forum about pumpkin seeds and bladder/prostate problems just a few weeks ago. Take a look at my post, or research the benefits of pumpkin seeds for urinary and bladder problems. Hope this helps you.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply Reply




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!