HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Urology (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/)
-   -   Bummed out After TURP... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/941312-bummed-out-after-turp.html)

bhp02 03-22-2013 07:46 PM

Re: Bummed out After TURP.....

no, I did not go back to hospital.

boilerroom 03-23-2013 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=bhp02;5151054]no, I did not go back to hospital.[/QUOTE]

OK, got you, thanks again.

bhp02 03-23-2013 08:27 AM

yes in other words I have Symptoms that are worse than before the procedure .

the retention problem I did not have before .

I think it takes 3 months .

boilerroom 03-23-2013 08:30 AM

I too feel I am worse than before procedure. Have you ever been scanned to see how much you are still retaining at present, if any?

bhp02 03-23-2013 08:43 AM

I had its can before leaving the hospital .it took a couple of tries to urinate then I got rid of the retention
if I go the extra 1 time I usually can get rid of the retention
if I feel there is any retention .

bhp02 03-23-2013 08:46 AM

I had some big time hesitation before operation which is a lot better now .

boilerroom 03-23-2013 09:14 AM

Very happy that it all worked out for you. I think I will be good, like you said, in the long run hopefully.

boilerroom 03-23-2013 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=bhp02;5151053]its only 4 weeks, alittle hesitant to start, 30 seconds.... at low volumes 150 mls or less, once it starts, its great, though I get some retention at times.

if my bladder is,full like greater than 300 ml, no hesitation to start.

its still bit uncomfortable during the stream, but almost no resistance .

I think the flow is like a race horse,, though it is uncomfortable still.[/QUOTE]

My bladder will hold between 1300 and 1400 ml, so if I can not go, it is a problem.

bhp02 03-23-2013 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=boilerroom;5151224]My bladder will hold between 1300 and 1400 ml, so if I can not go, it is a problem.[/QUOTE]
that is way too much, you need to do something about it, after the
problem is solved with your urologist, you may have to pee often and keep the volume
in your bladder low, like less than 500 ml so that the bladder can shrink.

If the bladder keeps retaining urine, you may have to use a catheter at home,
IC, the one that you would use as needed to drain out the bladder completely.

Warning, I am not a urologist.... follow his instructions.

good luck

boilerroom 03-23-2013 11:15 AM

Last time I was scanned, I put out 300ml, and 400ml remained, so I think that is a bit better, but I drank about 60 ounces of water before the test. I always ask them what they mean by "arrive with full bladder"? Haha.

bhp02 03-24-2013 02:53 PM

are you carrying around an extra 400 ml even at home ??
can you pee it out again in a short period of time ??

boilerroom 03-24-2013 06:43 PM

hard to say. I have no machine to measure here at home. I doubt it, but I always retained, that is why I had the turp. thanks.

bhp02 03-24-2013 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=boilerroom;5151918]hard to say. I have no machine to measure here at home. I doubt it, but I always retained, that is why I had the turp. thanks.[/QUOTE]
so you feel there is no retention right now at home,, only when you fluid load to 700ml ?

boilerroom 03-25-2013 12:56 PM

The plan was for me to take Rapaflo starting today March 25 2013 for a week. AWESOME! It is like night and day. I know the reason for the turp itself was to get off of the meds, but I have never ever went tot he bathroom like this in my entire life. I am talking serious FLOW, and serious PRESSURE, almost abnormal. Now, if I could only achieve this without the Rapaflo, I would consider this procedure a very large success indeed. I did npt think it was even possible to pee like this. I guess that might mean my bladder is doing its job? I did take Rapaflo before procedure, but not with these results!

Now what I really would like to know is...In time does anyone think i will be able to go to the toilet like this without the meds? I am ecstatic right now, as you can likely tell. I just hope this is a good sign...THANKS......

boilerroom 03-25-2013 01:01 PM

The plan was for me to take Rapaflo starting today March 25 2013 for a week. AWESOME! It is like night and day. I know the reason for the turp itself was to get off of the meds, but I have never ever went to the bathroom like this in my entire life. I am talking serious FLOW, and serious PRESSURE, almost abnormal. Now, if I could only achieve this without the Rapaflo, I would consider this procedure a very large success indeed. I did not think it was even possible to pee like this. I guess that might mean my bladder is doing its job? I did take Rapaflo before procedure, but not with these results!

Now what I really would like to know is...In time does anyone think i will be able to go to the toilet like this without the meds? I am ecstatic right now, as you can likely tell. I just hope this is a good sign...THANKS......