It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

Sincerely2 HB User
Can I get high Leukocytes or white blood count in urine from yeast infection?

I started taking Premarin cream which caused several a terrible vaginal yeast infections and irritations for approximately 4 months. I have also had pelvic pain but assumed it was from the infections, ect. I got a urinary tract infection test kit and see I have high Leukocytes(white blood count) in my urine but no nitrites. Could this be from the yeast infections and vaginal inflammation? I am no longer taking the Premarin cream but I feel like I am still healing inside my vagina. I also had colitis(hospitalized for 5 days) during the 4 months but about a month ago had colon checked and all is well except for hemorrhoids inside of there. Could the hemorrhoids cause high leukocytes? I really want to take antibiotics because I want to get over this yeast infection. Thank you so much for any help.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Can I get high Leukocytes or white blood count in urine from yeast infection?

Yes, a yeast vaginits can cause leukocytes in the urine. Colitis and hemorrhoids should not. The best test is a urine culture if you think you do have a UTI. UTIs tend to burn toward the end of urination, whereas yeast inflammation causes burning from beginning to end. Vaginitis doesn't cause pelvic pain but a UTI or uterine infection can. I understand and agree about not taking antibiotics unless you are sure you require them. If you must, ask for a script for diflucan to take now and again at end of antibiotic course to kill off the yeast. It is oral, one dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

Sincerely2 HB User
Re: Can I get high Leukocytes or white blood count in urine from yeast infection?

Thank you for your educated help. Do you know if doctors prescribe antibiotics if there is only a trace amount of leukocytes or bacteria? You sound like you know what you are talking about. Are you by any chance a doctor or nurse? I will go to the doctor if things don't get better but I sure hate going because I get so nervous(white coat syndrome).

Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would assess your current symptoms now, and if it is vaginal itching, you could get OTC vaginal cream or suppositories for that. I would opt for the longer treatment course, like 7 days, since you have had so many recently. If it is mainly pelvic pain and burning toward end of urination, you should go to Dr. for UTI check and ideally a urine culture and sensitivity to be sure it is a UTI and you get the right antibiotic. Yeast infections do not cause pelvic pain. Some women are allergic to substances in the Premarin cream and yeast creams, and a yeast culture can be done to make sure it is yeast and not an allergic response. If it is yeast, your Dr can prescribe an oral, one time tablet, for treatment.

Last edited by ladybud; 07-08-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: added

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Sincerely2 (07-08-2013)
Reply Reply