It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
(male)

Aaron2011 HB User
Post Severe Bladder Trauma - Dad

My dad was rushed into hospital yesterday with a ruptured bladder. He's an alcoholic and got into a fight in which he was punched in the stomach with large force. He went into hospital a few days ago but checked out after some initial tests into his feeling dizzy and unwell - the docs say he'd drank a vodka bottle. Then he started having severe pain and couldn't urinate, almost blacking out. So he checked in yesterday evening, or rather someone else brought him.

They managed to repair his bladder an he's now fully conscious and hooked up to a plethora of tubes. He's drinking fluids, is wearing a mask to support breathing. He revealed today he'd been punched, so the police will look into this.

Originally the doc said it was bizarre because there was no recognizable major bruising etc but now they suspect the punch as opposed to a fall he had.

the docs say he should recover but it will be harder because his immune system due to drinking is less able to fight off infections.

I intend to ask the doc more in the next few days and realise their opinion is what matters but the information regarding this type of injury available online is very sparse and uninformative, I need to know more about the recovery rates and complications etc.

I think a nurse said his bladder 'burst' but google searches say that's next to impossible but don't elaborate.

TY.

Reply Reply