It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

wardt HB User
mri of the penis

I am scheduled to have an MRI of my penis next Tuesday and am not sure what to expect. I have not had any luck getting my questions answered by my doctor and all I know about a penis Mri is what I have been able to find out on the inernet. On the internet they talk about getting your penis in position and attaching some sort of surface coil. i have no idea what a surface coil is or what any of it means. They also say it is sometimes necessary to give an injection to help give you an erection so they can get more or better pictures. Considering my penis is REALLY small would that make it more likely that an erection might be necessary" My penis when shrunken sometimes gets down to practicaly nothing with sometimes just the head sticking out and at the best of times when not erect is not very big, not leaving them much to work with. Even erect I am not very big but it would at least be a little bit begger for them to use to get in position to get pictures. I have had MRI's before but not penis Mri. I kbnow about the long tube they put you in for a regular MRI but do not know what to expect for a penis MRI.
Could someone get back to me and let me havesome idea what to expect. Thank you

Reply Reply