It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

Pinkclovershk HB User
Thumbs down My arm is in severe pain after i got the tetanus shot!!

Okay on monday at work I got stuck with a dirty instrument and had to go the the ER and get my blood drawn and get a tetanus shot. That day my arm was completely fine but then the next day my arm was in SEVERE pain!! I couldnt even touch it!! I also felt very sick all day! Now today(wednesday) two days after i got the shot my arm is even worse. Ive been talking motrin and putting ice on it and the pain seems to be getting worse. I can't barely even stand to type right now. Its pretty swollen also. It is seriously the worst pain i have ever had. I just recently had all 3 shots for the hep series and they weren't 1/100 this bad. I was just wondering if this is typical and if anyone has advice for me!! PLEase help asap!

Old 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: My arm is in severe pain after i got the tetanus shot!!

i'm sorry.
i had the tetanus shot a few months ago and while my arm was sore for a couple of days it wasn't nearly as bad as you describe.
i wonder if maybe you had a reaction to the vaccine itself. i would call the doctor is it's still the same today.
hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

When I had my update shot for tetnus I was 15 I stepped on something and i was due for it anyway so while getting stitched I was given the tetnus.

As nasta said I didnt have the same effects you decribed but I did have a very sore arm and it even felt like I had a marble in my arm where they gave me the shot, thought it was sore for several days I never put any ice on it, but was talking tylenol 3 for my "wound" (stepped on glass or something sharp in a river)

I think what your doing is correct, ice and medicine. Maybe try something other then motrin? I've never had much luck with that stuff anyway. Try something that is extra stenth. Otherwise if its still like this by next week i'd visit the doc you got it from.

Old 05-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #4

Doobeedoobeedoo HB User

You really should report this to VAERS [url]http://vaers.hhs.gov/[/url]
Harldy anyone does this when they have a reaction and that's why this garbage is still allowed to be injected into peoples bodies.

I sure hope you feel better soon and please report your reaction.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hey doobeedoo,
you should keep in mind that while some people experience adverse reactions to vaccines, a lot of us don't have really bad reactions to this "garbage". that's why they keep giving it to people. there are also people out there who have severe allergic reactions to codeine or certain antibiotics. but you don't see those drugs being pulled off the shelf.
the risk outweighs the benefit for most.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #6

Doobeedoobeedoo HB User

I disagree! I think that since most people do not report their bad reactions (and there are ALOT out there, most just don't know to report it) from all the chemicals being injected into them is the reason this crap stays out in the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastabasta
hey doobeedoo,
you should keep in mind that while some people experience adverse reactions to vaccines, a lot of us don't have really bad reactions to this "garbage". that's why they keep giving it to people. there are also people out there who have severe allergic reactions to codeine or certain antibiotics. but you don't see those drugs being pulled off the shelf.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
(male)

1970_Torch HB User

You are having a serious reaction to the vaccine and I would suggest that you report it to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System). That is a government vaccine reporting system so that they can monitor how many people have severe reactions.

Only because of VAERS is Mercury finally taking out of baby vaccines. If no one would have ever reported the thousands of babies having severe reactions to all sort of vaccines, they would never have removed that extremely toxic substance.

The tetanus vaccine is one of the most controversial next to hep B. You have had four injections within close timing and your body may be reacting to all the adjuvants (other ingredient) in the vaccines.

I do hope you feel better soon, but just imagine all the thousands of babies getting that vaccine every day, and just 30 or 40 having the same reaction that you are having. They are totally helpless and can not voice their misery.

That is why the anti-vaccine folks are so upset that no one takes all those vaccine reaction seriously. That most doctors simply say "it is not from the vaccine" and "give the child a Tylenol".

Yet the parents are left with a seriously injured child and have no where to turn.

Like I said, I do hope you feel better soon, but please report this severe reaction. Thank you!

Old 05-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
(female)

Pinkclovershk HB User

Thanx some much for all your guys concern. The pain went away about 24 hours after i posted this. It was really weird because i figured i was having a bad reaction to the shot. Even tho it eventually went away....it had to have been one of the worst pains I have ever went through. I dont know why it has to be so painful! I still have a lump on the top of my arm tho

Old 05-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

glad you're feeling better!!
did you ever talk to your doctor about it?

Old 05-15-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
(male)

1970_Torch HB User

It is not surprising that even on a small, infrequently visited board like this there are two tetanus vaccine reaction posted at the same time. See, just a few posts down from yours - almost the same complaint.

That alone makes me realize how common this reaction is. If doctors would report all tetanus reactions to VAERS they would be inundated by that single vaccine alone.

So far VAERS has paid out over $ 800 million even though only 10% of all reactions are reported and 90% of those are dismissed.

Every time a vaccine is given, a portion of the charge goes into a Congressional Fund (VAERS) to compensate for vaccine damages.

There is a huge amount of money set aside for kids who will be damaged or killed by vaccines. The amount of money - into the billions - is growing every day and yet you can harly get a doctor to report a vaccine reactions. Why? Were is the money going?

Last edited by 1970_Torch; 05-15-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
(female)

Pinkclovershk HB User

I never got around to talking to a doctor about it because when the pain was at its worst I posted this and in about 24 hours it was almost gone. If the pain hadnt subsided by then tho i was going to go back to the hospital where i got the shot in the first place. I went back there on Wed of this week to see my results for the tests and I didnt get around to asking the doctor about the shot because I was in such a hurry to get out of there. I should have said something tho probably!

Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 AM   #12

kiki lou HB User

Well, since all the vaccines you've recently had contain mercury, and you clearly had a fairly severe localized (if not systemic) reaction, at least you'll know what to suspect should you suddenly have some new and troubling health issues crop up in the next months.

I agree--vaccines are full of crap that have NO BUSINESS being placed into a human body. However, the scam is getting closer to being revealed. As for my family--we'll wait it out---VACCINE FREE!

kiki

Old 05-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
(male)

1970_Torch HB User

Basically I have to agree with kiki. Did you ever research what's in the shot? Besides, it has never been proven that vaccines protect us in the first place.

I just came across some very new information that shows since the great vaccine experiment of 1980 our infant mortality rate has increased by 96% for boys and 307% for girls. We now number 47 in keeping our children alive up to age one. That is sad because some African nations, some very poor nations, have surpassed us in protecting their children.

Here is an example:

1973 - 1983: 32.5 deaths per 100,000 (female) 14 deaths per 100,000 (male)

1990 - 2000: 63.7 deaths per 100,000 (female) 57 deaths per 100,000 (male)

The worst part of the information is that we seem to have traded measles, mumps and rubella for the most horrendous diseases that now plague our very young children.

Disease increases in children since 1988:

Diabetes type I - 90% increase
Leukemia - 60% increase
Juv. Rheumatoid arthritis - astronomical. We now have 300,000 little girls suffer. Before 1988 there were too few to count.
Asthma - rampant
Tics and Touretts Syndrome - huge increase

It is very troubling. Not only do we now have 1 in about 166 kids develop Autism but diseases that were previously rarely seen in children are now at unprecedented levels.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
(male)

pk1970 HB User

Hi Nastabasta,

If i may......the best way to treat a potential tetanus infection is letting it bleed, then washing the wound and applying antibiotics designed for puncture wounds. It takes several weeks for the teanus spores to germinate, so no rush.

The tetanus doesnt really protect so its a bit pointless getting it.

Arguments welcome.

As to the poor mans arm in pain - yes that s a comon reaction and one of many in the vaccine info leaflet that the doctor should have read out to you.

Lets break this myth of "vaccine = immunisation".

Vaccination = giving the vaccine.
Immunisation = generating a permenant PROTECTIVE immunity.

Vaccines dont generate an immunity, if they did, no-one would ever get the diseases they were vaccinated against. Is that why we need "boosters"?
Ha ha!!

As to the argument of :
"Well if you dont vaccinate your child my child is put in danger"
- the so called "herd immunity" concept.
Well, if your child was vaccinated, AND the vaccine was effective, what do you have to worry about? Its my child at "risk".

Damn, thats lateral thinking for you.....

Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastabasta
hey doobeedoo,

Last edited by pk1970; 07-05-2005 at 06:39 PM.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #15
(female)

shihtzus2 HB User

Recently a family friends daughter had a tetanus shot, now she is dying from tetanus. I think this is a crime, they say 1 out of every million die from the shot. read about tetanus and the affects. Beware people!

Closed Thread