It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

mishie2005 HB User
Adverse Tetanus Vaccinations

A few weeks ago I fell off my bike impaling the underside of my left arm with my brake handle. Yes, a very freakish accident. I received stitches and a tetanus shot at the emergency room. Three weeks later the wound has healed amazingly well. The tetanus vaccine, however, is still a hard nickle-sized lump on my upper right arm.

And that's what I'm worried & curious about. The shot gave me pain for about 2 weeks--swollen, hard, red, hot to the touch, and much more pain than the actual wound. Now the remaining lump doesn't seem to be going away.

I read Pinkclovershk's email from a few months back and was wondering if he/she could tell me how long they had a lump, if it's gone and what else they did regarding the adverse reactions.

By the way because I went to the emergency room I can't easily get in touch with the doctors there to ask them about this. In addition my regular doctor recently left the area and I haven't found a new one.

Other tetanus experience/advice is welcome.
Thanks

Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Joan1980 HB User
Re: Adverse Tetanus Vaccinations

I have heard many times that this is the kind of reaction people or little children get to the tetanus vaccine. I feel so sorry for the wee little children who can not express their pain and are fussy etc for weeks after getting it.

Anyway, in every case I have heard about the lump did eventually subside. It may take a few more weeks but it will most likely go away.

I can't understand why they are so quick in giving the tetanus vaccine. Fist of all it does not work for three weeks at best and if you would really get tetanus, you'd be dead by then. Secondly, there is virtually no danger of getting tetanus.

The people who do get tetanus are usually very old, have poor blood circulation because of diabetes and almost always work with horses. They have to have a deep puncture wound that does not bleed. What are the chances?

The other group of people who get tetanus are infants born into some African traditions where after birth the umbilical cord is covered with dirt, herbs and straw.

When they started giving tetanus vaccines there, it made NO difference in the infant mortality rate and that those are the figures they give us for infants dying of tetanus.

As soon as they also gave umbilical care instructions along with the vaccine, the vaccine worked!

At any rate, the tetanus vaccine serves no purpose other than to inject more aluminum into a body which is knows to be a factor in developing Alzheimer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread