It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

txmomof3 HB User
Smile Pro-vaxer introduction (I am open-minded and respect people's right to choose!!)

Hi!
I am a mom of three kids ages 14, 9, and 7 who really believes in vaccinating my children. I do understand the risks, but I also have difficult time understanding why you would not vaccinate your children (but they are YOUR children not mine...therefore it is not my right to impose my beliefs on you!!). I have seen children with vaccine preventable diseases. think that is the big thing that makes up my mind in vaxxing myself and my kids, but I TOTALLY respect someone's right to choose.
I don't agree with school rules on required vaccination. We all have the right to choose what to do with our children, and I think it is sad when you have to get a religious wavier for a religion you are not just to get your school to take your child. The only people that un-vaccinated kids are at risk of transmitting the diseases to are other un-vaccinated kids. So, as a pro-vaxxer, I feel that I have done what I need to protect my kids. Also, I make sure that any live-virus vaccines are done over summer break, so that they won't shead the virus to any un-vaxxed kids.
The only thing I want is for the parents to make a conscious, informed choice for their kids. I don't agree with parents who don't vaccinate their kids simply because they don't have the time and/or money. There are free vaccine clinics simply for this purpose. But, if you are not vaxxing your child because you feel like you would be hurting your child, then I feel like that is your decision to make. After all, we live in a free country (supposed to anyway ).
So, if I make any posts that seem overly emotional, it is only because I am using the reasoning behind why I vaxxed my kids. Please let me know if I offend you...I don't want to do that. I hope that we can all have engaging conversations about vaccines and keep it all pro-choice!!!
After all...as parents we alone carry the full responsibilities for our children!!
txmomof3

Last edited by txmomof3; 04-17-2006 at 03:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
(male)

NCGuy HB User
Re: Pro-vaxer introduction (I am open-minded and respect people's right to choose!!)

Excellent post!! Why cant everyone approach this subject with reason and respect others views. Vaccination is important but I agree with you in that it should be a personal choice. Another pro-vaxer.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

greatesthoax HB User
Re: Pro-vaxer introduction (I am open-minded and respect people's right to choose!!)

Hi Momof3, I also have 3 kids, ages 14,10 +8. I firmly believe in not vaccinating my children and like you believe that is an individual choice. Some of my reasons for this are that I don't believe vaxing is responsible for the decline in the western world of certain diseases,in fact a lot of diseases are occuring in vaxed kids. I don't believe in handing over responsability for my kids health to suspect government and drug companies who have shown complete disregard for kids well-being in the name of profit. I don't believe that certain diseases are lurking waiting to get you if you are not vaxed and as a non-vaxer my role in protecting my children will never be done. Nowadays kids are imo being used as scientific guinea pigs to be injected with very dubious toxic waste,at known lethal doses, parents are emotionally blackmailed into thinking they are 'protecting' kids from diseases(and some of these diseases were man-made) that were well on the decline before the vaxes were introduced,most likely from improved sanitation,nutrition,health facilities. In places like Africa diseases like polio are being introduced via the vaccines, drug companies using up old stock of live vaccine,thereby facillitating the ''need' to vax. The amount of ill kids these days,autism,asthma,ADHD,etc etc really looks like our kids are getting lots of protection from these vaxes. The cover-ups by the authorities. I'm real glad I didn't vax my kids and I really do respect other parents choices to vax their kids,I just wonder sometimes if they are actually informed about what is really going on.

Closed Thread