It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

slainte HB User
avian flu vaccine studies

I'm currently taking part in an avian flu study. They are teating to see if the adjuvant, Aluminum hydroxide, will increase the titer and stimulate immunity faster. After the first shot I had some mild symptoms, but the second one gave me dry mouth, which I have never suffered from, and now I'm having aches in muscles and tendons and a headache, for days. The doc said the dry mouth could not be from the alum in the vaccine. I'm afraid he'll brush aside my other symptoms or drop me from the study, thinking that bad side effects would make the study look bad and slow down production of the vaccine. Is there anyone out there in this study in another area, and what are you experiencing?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
(male)

NCGuy HB User
Re: avian flu vaccine studies

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. I had wanted to participate in one of those studies here in Durham but missed out. (Maybe I'm the fortunate one!) They add aluminum hydroxide to other common vaccines to 'enhance' them and that might be giving you the muscle aches. It would seem that they would be interested in your symptoms since thats what a clinical trial is all about....(but then they also want to get it to market!). They seem to have alot of vaccine clinical trials there in Bethesda. I would have participated in the smallpox trial had it been avail here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
(female)

slainte HB User

To NCGUY
Did the smallpox study with no problems, so I thought this would be OK. At this point I'd rather have had the real avian flu than the damned shot. Also, maybe Nature is trying to tell us something, like DEPOPULATE! Is that politically incorrect? Oh my! Feeling a bit better after a hell of a week and saying that!

Old 04-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Nature isn't saying "depopulate," it's saying DON'T VACCINATE. Geesh!

Old 05-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #5
(female)

slainte HB User

Soooo, if we don't vaccinate, we may depopulate! GREAT, as far as I'm concerned. I just feel sorry for the birds.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
(male)

NCGuy HB User

To Slainte, With no complications to the smallpox vaccine after all the negative hype, I sure would have thought the avian flu shot would be a breeze too. From what i understand, you need two or three shots of this vaccine for full protection. Did you complete the trial? I guess since you were previously vaccinated for smallpox, the reaction was mild. I talked to a girl who was vaccine naive and other than one day of feeling blah, she didnt have any problems either.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #7

Doobeedoobeedoo HB User

OMG! I'm more worried about an alien landing on my car than the bird flu!!!!!!!!

Hope the hype isnt freaking everyone out too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They want it to so that everyone will buy their vaccinations...ACK!!!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #8

vigilantmom3 HB User

You guys are great!!! Keep us posted about your symptoms okay!! I just want to say thank you for being so brave for the rest of us... you hang in there and know that we are all rooting for you and your good health... This is the first time I have smiled since I've joined the forum, Thanks for the great attitudes!

Last edited by vigilantmom3; 05-18-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread