It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

AtlantaBlue HB User
shots needed for international travel?

Has anyone on the board visited China? If so, what shots did you take before going? I'm concerned if hepatitis shots are needed.
Thanks!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: shots needed for international travel?

Check out the CDC's website: [url]http://www.cdc.gov/travel/eastasia.htm[/url]

You may need to contact a travel clinic with your specific plans to see what you need and what you don't really need. Especially with such a large country, it's hard to get that info without discussing your specific travel plans with somebody who is familiar with risks in various areas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

HAV (Hep A) vaccination is not required but a good idea anyway. I also got HBV (Hep B) vaccination.

When I've traveled to Asia the main thing that seems to be rampant is the flu and bacterial colds. I got my first and really only bad cold while traveling through Asia when I was 21. So maybe, flu shots for the flu, and just staying healthy and washing your hands a lot for the colds.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
(male)

NCGuy HB User

Hep A & B would be a good thing to get - if you havent had them already. If you're headed to more rural areas, a typhoid vaccination is a good idea. Also in rural areas, especially in the farming community the CDC reccomends getting the pre-exposure Rabies shots and a Japanese Encephalitis vaccination and malaria pills. You should also be up to date on your Tetanus-Diptheria and Measles vaccinations. If you have a Passport Health office near you, they are really good at giving you advice on what you need as well as having all the vaccinations there too.

Closed Thread