It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

Nassy HB User
Exclamation Jabs for Peru & Ecuador?

I am travelling with my boyfriend on the 4th Oct for a month through Peru & Ecuador - we have been given conflicting information on which jabs are required ie. you have to have or you cannot enter the country / cross borders - does anyone have experience with this at all please, as we are getting close to departure & are still in the dark!
Also, where is the most inexpensive place to have them done, as they can be rather costly!
Thank~You

Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
(female)

holahanson HB User
Re: Jabs for Peru & Ecuador?

I know that you posted a long time ago and this advice won't help you as you've gone on your trip already, but I do have some advice so I thought I would post it anyways in case someone else has the same question!
The Center for Disease Control's website is awesome, it tells you which vaccines you need for each area:
[url]http://www.cdc.gov/travel/vaccinat.htm[/url]

I needed vaccinations because I'm also going to South America, and I went to Passport Health to get them. It costs about $50 for the consultation and the vaccinations are costly but I couldn't get them anywhere else. I did try and get any that I could from my physician though, like Hepatitis A and my tb, things like that. Also, for things like malaria pills or other prescritions I went through my pharmacy rather than paying the passport health price ($10 copay vs. $8 a pill for malaria, and for malaria I needed 17 pills). If you don't have health insurance you might just have to pay the high price though.
Here's a link to passport health:
[url]http://www.passporthealthusa.com/locations/index.html[/url]
they give you a nice vaccination form to go with your passport with official stamps and records of your vaccines so that you can have proof of them. If you don't have a passport health clinic in your area I'm sure there will be some type of travel clinic close by (hopefully!) Even though I ended up spending around $300 for vaccines from the clinic I do think it was worth it. They give you a lot of information on the areas that you are specifically travelling to and tell you about the diseases that you may encounter and symptoms, what they are, etc.

Last edited by holahanson; 01-14-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread