It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

laauhe HB User
Prevnar??

I am just trying to inform myself as I dont seem to really understand.
My 15mon. old son after recently seeing an immunologist and having blood work that came back as he said " with a low immune system" and "that my son is not responding to his Prevnar vaccine's" they plan do now give him the pneumococcal shot (would this be the over 2yr. old one??), and then re-test his immune system and go from there.

He has always been a runny nose, easy to be sick, when he gets fevers', they are high, very long lasting colds, chronic hives, chronic diarrhea kinda kid. They put him Zyrec for three months, and a month long antibiodic(Augmentin)

I guess my questions arise, after reading up on vaccines and all. if he never got the Prevnar in the first place would he still be low? Did the Prevnar series make matters worse for him? Should he get this next vaccine? After all this reading about when things go wrong, im kinda freaked out. Could all this be leading to something else if he does not "respond" to the next vaccine?

New to immune/vaccine stuff, so any help/info would be great! Thanks!

Closed Thread