It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
(female)

Vixen541 HB User
Lump at injection site; vaccine month ago

Yesterday I felt a moderate pain in my arm. So, I rubbed the pain. I felt a very small lump on my arm, just smaller than the ball of my finger. I immediately remembered that is where I had my gardisil vaccine.

I can understand pain and a little swelling at the injection site BUT it was exactly a month ago yesterday that I got the shot.

It was my second of three vaccines of the gardisil.

Any idea what it is or may have caused it to appear to much later?

Old 03-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
(male)

NCGuy HB User
Re: Lump at injection site; vaccine month ago

Developing a lump a month later at the site of your vaccination does sound unusual. The side effects listed on the Vaccine Information Statement lists: Pain at the injection site,redness or swelling at the injection site,mild or moderate fever and itching at the injection site...and states that these symptoms do not last long and go away on their own. The Gardasil vaccine is new and will be monitored for unusual or severe problems. It was tested on over 11,000 women between the ages of 9 and 26 with pain at the injection site being the most common reported side effect. I would report your reaction to your doctor and request that he/she report it to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) or you can report it yourself by calling 1-800-822-7967. You might also ask to see the vaccine package insert to see if there are any ingredients in the vaccine that you may be allergic to, however that is probably unlikely. If you were allergic, you would most likely have had an immediate reaction to the shot. Did you experience any immediate pain or soreness from either one of your two vaccinations so far? I have a friend who is getting both her daughters vaccinated with the Gardasil vaccine at their physical next month. One girl I talked to who had just gotten vaccinated said it stung a little more than most shots did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread