It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
(male)

anteus HB User
Tetanus reaction (same old story)..

Got a tetanus shot in the er 5 days ago when I cut my finger while opening a package......

Today I noticed a big hard bump, with slight itch, at the injection site. Previously there was nothing. Is this within the standard range of reactions?

Thanks, Anteus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Tetanus reaction (same old story)..

Yes, it should slowly start to improve. If not, see your Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
(male)

moldman HB User

I got a tetanus shot after a dog bite and got a really bad reaction from it. My health became worse than it ever was. All vaccines cause serum sickness that leads to all of the chronic diseases in America. I was outraged when I found out that the whole 'stepping on a rusty nail' scare tactic for tetanus shots was based on living in the Old Days when horse manure was everywhere (that's where the tetanus bug comes from). I was doubly outraged when I saw the stats that there was no reported cases of tetanus caused by such things in 30 years.

see:

[url]www.nvic.org[/url]

for unbiased info on vaccines.

Last edited by moldman; 10-18-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I got tetanus in Mexico. didn't get it until I was on the flight home. I was the first case my hospital had ever seen, and it was a living HELL, body/muscle spasms to sound, lock jaw and some other things I barley remember. I hadnít gotten a tetanus shot in over 10 years. I guess i didn't get tetanus until I was leaving because Iím thinking it took time for the bacteria to become a dangerous level, Iím glad it started when I was home as I was able to get the help I needed. the symptoms of pain started in my ear on the flight home.

I have eczema so I have open cuts all over my body, I'm allergic to LOTS and LOTS of sun, being from Canada, I don't usually get a lot of sun, but going to Mexico was like WOSH my eczema got really bad. My skin cracked all over my body/arms and legs, and everything was open.

There was a cute kitty in Mexico I fed everyday I would crawl into the bushes where she hid and played with her. In Mexico they use horse manure for all the plants. (so it is everywhere like it use to be here 30 years ago) I did this everyday for 2 weeks, yet I didnít get sick until I was on the flight home. so I believe it is very rare to get tetanus even in mexico. And not many people are a crazy as me, to crawl through bushes everyday for 2 weeks with open sores on their body.

So I donít think you need this shot if you step on a rusty nail. I did that many times and never got one. SO Thatís a bunch of bull. Unless you contact horse manure, or you use it in your own garden or like me you have open sores, and come in contact with horse manure. Or you go to mexico and step on a rusty nail and come in contact with horse manure. Lol so its really up to you if you want to get it or not.

My doctor told me as soon as I heal form this I should get my teatnus shot/ so I donít get it again. I never did. I donít feel a need to, I never got it here before and I never will. But if I ever go to Mexico again I will get my tetanus shot this time.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
(male)

moldman HB User

I'm sorry to hear the horrible experience you had, but I am glad that you are better.

I would like to hear more about your sun/eczema experience (maybe start a new thread?) because it is the opposite of the Vitamin D advocates idea on how it should work.

Does anyone out there think it is strange (like I do) that the most dread diseases are in the same family? Tetanus, Botulism, Anthrax. Yet after all of these years there are very few tools to deal with them. Clostridia B is everywhere on everything land and sea yet we don't get ill unless it grows in oxygen free zones like canned food and wounds.

It kinda makes you wonder if the concept that Pastuer adopted on his deathbed that agreed with Virchow and Beschamps is true that microorganisms show up to clean up diseased tissue as opposed to causing the disease itself. (?)

Why is it that only certain people get the flesh eating bacteria when everyone is exposed? (Probably a new thread too)

The bottom line is that there might be something we can do (adjust internal pH of blood) to prevent the disease before it gets hold.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I have had many conversations with other people here about different reactions to the sun. many people with eczema have a bad reaction to extreme sun, and extreme winter. I normally spend time in the sun, but I can’t go to places that are closer to the sun like Mexico, with out experiencing over exposure. Where people with psoriasis have the opposite effect, the sun helps heal it, not make it worse. Many other people with other autoimmune diseases have problems to the sun, like Lupus. I don’t think the sun is bad for you at all, I still need to get my Vitamin D3. If I don’t get enough exposure to the sun, taking supplements may help. I believe vitamin D3 is essential for the body.

As for flesh eating, yes we do come in contact with it normally, it is the same bacteria that causes “strep” why some people get it and most do not, could be a combination of things, from how strong our immune system is, how clean you are. A long time ago when flesh eating was more common. It affected people who never cleaned a cut properly, it became an infection that turned in to flesh eating. And then they lost a chunk of their body. Today nearly every cut is treated properly, cleaned and disinfected. I figure it is no different as to why the plague is no longer here. Back then people hardly ever took a bath let alone disinfected. And the proper antibiotics kill bacteria before it ever becomes life threatening.
I always think if they never had antibiotics, I would have been dead by the age of 5.

Flesh eating or strep if not treated will permanently damage you or kill you. Tetanus if not treated will permanently damage you or kill you. But both if treated quickly you can heal with out any effects, and people may never even know you had it unless you told them. Sometimes these DANGERIOUS bacteria’s are treated SO quickly you didn’t even know which bacteria you had. You don’t even care, because you don’t have it anymore.

Personally I know that because of antibiotics, disinfecting, and Vacinations, is the WHOLE reason why people don’t normally come down with these deadly bacteria’s anymore. They are still around, and yet we are not bothered by them anymore. But I believe overuse of antibiotics is bad, over vaccinating a person is bad, and overly disinfecting your surroundings is bad. As we lose the ability for our body to naturally heal its self from these everyday bacteria’s. you cannot stop being exposed to bacteria, but you can control it.

Last edited by miyu; 11-13-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

If anyone out there is allergic or sensitive to the regular tertanus vaccine there is one without preservatives -- only one I can get and hard to find - it is called Decavac.

Closed Thread