It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

Sue21 HB User
Question getting the FLU VACCINE twice in one year

I have gotten a flu shot for the past few years, and have been very happy. I want to get my annual flu shot soon.

However, I am most likely entering Active Duty military in January or March 2008, and upon my activation I will receive a flu shot (along with other standard military vaccinations).

Is there any harm in getting two flu vaccines in the same year? I assume that many people get their own in the autumn before becoming activated military in the spring.

I would appreciate any info about this. Thank you.

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
(female)

jjemom HB User
Re: getting the FLU VACCINE twice in one year

I am not an expert, but my own personal experience is that getting two shots is not a problem, especially spacing it out like you will be doing. I believe the shot only covers you for about 4 months anyway. My son does not produce enough antibodies when he gets the flu shot so he often gets the flu anyway, just a milder case. It has been suggested that he get two flu shots every year. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

EssentialPeace HB User

Not only will you be getting twice the amount of neaurotoxins, you will also be suppressing your immune system, making it more likely for adverse reactions from the other vaccines you will be getting.
You can always get a religious exemption if you don't want any vaccines while serving in the military.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

If you build natural immunity you do not need the flu shot. The flu shot contains harmful toxins like mercury, aluminum, amd formaldehyde. You are injecting that directly into your blood stream. You will get these shots in the military. I began Naval bootcamp in June 2001 and I can tell you, you will recieve a whole slew of shots, two at a time too. The only time I felt sickness or off was when I was in the military getting injected with god knows what. Since, I do not take drugs for any reason and I have natural immunity, therefore, I NEVER get sick. I would hold off.
Congrats and thank for serving, Kelly.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
(female)

Sue21 HB User

Thanks to everyone for your replies!

I consulted with a nurse and doctor regarding my situation, and they assured me there is absolutely no problem with getting two flu vaccines in one year. So I went ahead and got my flu vaccine over a month ago.

A few posters commented on the harm of many vaccines at once, and while I appreciate your help and input, I am a strong advocate of vaccinations in the interest of public and personal health.

I am aware of the debates surrounding vaccinations, but have come to the conclusion that vaccinations are the right thing FOR ME. But I definately respect your opinion and your right to have that opinion--that is what makes this country so beautiful!

Thank you again, and happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sue

Closed Thread