It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User
Sick over vaccines

My son will be a month old on Monday and I'm already sweating the fact that at his 2 month check up, they will start pushing the shots on us. I have done extensive homework on the topic and before he was born I decided to wait until he is 4 months old and only allow 1 to 2 shots at a time.

Shortly after he was born, we found out he has a heart condition that requires some heavy meds and and serious monitoring. We spent 10 days in intensive care trying to control it. It was awful. My fear is the shots will somehow upset his heart condition as well as have all the other adverse affects BECAUSE of the heart condition, you know? I fear one making the other worse.

But then, I live in Minnesota where it is bloody cold in the winter (which is fast approaching) and I'm worried about him getting sick without the shots!! The flu, for instance. I work with the public, I have never had a flu shot and I never get sick. But he is just a baby. He might get sick. I have heard that there is still mercury in that particular shot. I'm freaking out. All his doctors give me the same old story about how its fine and you have to vaccinate.....the benefits outweigh the risks and blah, blah, blah. They never actually listen to the parents.

My question is: Has anybody waited and staggered their child's shots? Has it been okay? What did you decide to do? How old were your kids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Sick over vaccines

No, I didn't stagger my dd's shots. She is autistic. Coincidence??? She has had no more vaxes since her baby shots and never will have another one.

I suggest you do your research online, and trust your gut feelings on what to do. I didn't trust mine, and my dd, altho doing extremely well, will never get to experience a typical life.

Remember this is YOUR child and YOUR decision.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

EssentialPeace HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyroo View Post

But then, I live in Minnesota where it is bloody cold in the winter (which is fast approaching) and I'm worried about him getting sick without the shots!! The flu, for instance.
The flu is spread through contact with human beings already infected and contagious. The flu is not spread by the cold wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyroo View Post
My question is: Has anybody waited and staggered their child's shots? Has it been okay? What did you decide to do? How old were your kids?
I never vaccinated any of my kids and they are extremely healthy. MN offers all three exemptions: medical, philosophical, and religious.
[url]http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm[/url]

Old 11-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I was weary of some medications and I had a drug free birth, I did however get my daughter all of her vaccinations up until now. I wish I began reading into it more sooner. She isn't autistic or anything, but who really know what the long term effects are of these toxic vaccinations? We do not get flu shots and she has NEVER been sick once in her 1.5 years of life and I also do not get sick. You can build immunity naturally and it is far better than any vaccine. Vaccines contain toxic chemicals that are shot into your blood stream. Although controversial, it makes sense to me that autism could be caused from these shots. I am originally from Iowa and that states autism rate rose 700% in the 1990's and coincidentially that was the same time child required more vaccinations. Sounds fishy to me. We are organic and natural beings and pumping ourselves full of this crap is not the solution. You MUST do the research on your own. The CDC, FDA, your doctor and the government are going to be fore vaccinations and drugs, and usually you will not get the other side unless you search for it yourself. The facts are suppressed for obvious reasons. Do not let any doctor push you or make you feel like you have to. I almost find it amusing in an odd way when a doctor wants to tell me I am being risky and my daughter could die if we do not get the flu shots, PLEASE!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Many people wait and stagger shots. I am doing it now with my 1 year old. HE got all his shots on time in his first 12 months, but I decided I want to slow them down now. The most I do are 2 shots at a time.

I don't want this to turn into a debate on whether or not to get vaccinations to begin with, because that is not what this thread is about.

I have read some people insist on vaccination for infants if you plan to travel (esp. on a plane).

Best of luck. Do what you feel is best and don't let any one person sway you. You will know in your heart what is best for your child.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I agree, there is nothing wrong with staggering your shots. And I think we tend to over vaccinate, over disinfect and over prescribe antibiotics. When the body can naturally deal with the invader. And build up a strong immune system. And personally don’t believe you should get shots for things like the common flu, unless you work in a hospital or daycare or you get the flu more then 2 times a year as you are unable to fight it. Then yes, get the flu shot, but otherwise, no. How often is the flu really deadly?

I believe you only need to get him the shots that are immunities to extremely deadly virus or bacterial infections, things that can cause deformities or paralysis. Things that if you didn’t get the shot for and he got it, it would be life long and disabling, or the type that the immune system never has enough time to create the antibodies for before it kills. Those are the shots I would be worried about, but the flu shot, or the chicken pox shot? to me it is not life threatening. That’s like if they offered a cold sour shot (herpies), or a genital warts shot. Those are not life threatening. Come out only when stressed, and annoying. But IMO is there are a lot of shots out there that are a total waist, and actually cause you to over vaccinate.

Flu shots and shots for things that are only irritating, are things I would leave to the future, or maybe never at all and if he wants to get them when he is an adult, that’s fine too. As for his heart condition, I don’t think giving him immunities will affect his heart, but I do think over vaccinating will made it difficult for his body to build a strong immune system, which may cause many doctor visits in the future. Which you don’t want, so like I said I would only stick to the shots that are treating serious health conditions.

Closed Thread