It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

Sogr8ful HB User
Hepatitus Shots

I am getting different answers regarding the Hepatitus A and B shots. My husband and I are in our late 60's and understand the timing to be:

Hep A - 2nd shot 30 days after first

Hep B - 1st shot 30 days after Hep A shot - 2nd shot 30-days after first - 3rd shot 6 months after 2nd shot.

Is this correct information?

Old 11-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

EssentialPeace HB User
Re: Hepatitus Shots

Are you having unprotected sex or sharing dirty needles? If not, then you have no reason to get a Hep B shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

Hep A and hep B are given together. usually when you travel. yes you are right you prob don't need both, but that is usually how they will give them to you. I believe the reason behind this is because doctors are usually not going to ask a loaded question like that, since the answer could very well be a lie. You just don’t know.

By giving a person both, weather they do, or do not share neededls or have lots of sex. You are breaking the cycle.

the thing is you NEVER know if your partner has it. as they may not have symptoms,

So pretend you are a girl names Stacy, you will only have sex with the man you marry. The man you marry is TED. Even if he is the ONLY man you have ever been with, but you never got your shot. And he only had One onther sex partner, and he also never got his shot. but his other sex partner had sex with 4 guys. Who also never got their shot and one of them was carring the virus becasue he had sex with LOTS of woman. Will stacy get the virus?
YES.

And then she has children (2)and gives it to them.
How many people are affected by this virus now? (5) and then when the children grow up get married and have children, more become affected.

Now lets say stacy has a religious believe that prevents her from taking these vaccs. But her husband TED got his, even though he doesn’t have sex lots, or do any kind of drug, after all he only had sex with 2 woman right? That other woman does not give him the virus, so his wife is safe, and his children are safe, and his childrens sex partners are safe. you just Eliminated so many potentials from jsut one person getting this shot.

So if no one gets the shots, hepatitis b grows like a family tree grows with multiple children. And more and more people get it, even people born to it. And the numbers go up, up and up. Where if more and more people get these shots, then in a way, they even protect the people who are against shots. Like Stacy.

Virus’ survive by bouncing from person to person. But if you stop it from bouncing, then when that person who is affected dies, and did not give it to anyone, becasue they all had their shots. less and less people get it. one day the virus will die. however there will always be people who don't bother with these shots, contract it, and pass it. so it is far from a perfect world. but because we offer these shots here, less people have them, less people spread them, unlike second/third world countries where it is crazy and everyone has it, well not everyone, but HUGE numbers.

YOU GET iT?

Last edited by miyu; 11-12-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: sorry for the type-os

Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

EssentialPeace HB User

The Hep B vaccine does NOT cure Hep B. Vaccines do not CURE any disease if you already have it. They also do not always protect, that is why using condoms, practicing safe sex, and always using a sterile/clean needle will prevent the spread of Hep B.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I'm sure a vaccine would protect better then a condom. Some people are totally against vaccines, and I can understand that, I think sometimes we over vaccinate, just like we overly use antibiotics, and we tend to overy disinfect. The body has ways of healing itself, if you are overly disinfecting, how can you deal with the common bacteria? But there are thing that you will die from if you donít take antibiotics, and limbs you may lose if you donít keep clean. EctÖ

but I just canít help but to see the benefits of them, I mean look how antibiotics and cleaning whipped out the plague. And vaccines nearly whipped out Polio. and there are many more out there that were killing people/children that were whipped out thanks to vaccines. Some people still get them, but some people still never get vaccinate. Iím sure there is the odd case where someone got a vaccine and still got that virus. But I believe that would have more to do with that persons immune system, then the vaccine.

You immune system should recognize the invader and know which anti-bodies to send to attack it. If you have the antibodies and your body doesnít recognize the invader and your cells are not communicating with each other, it wont send the right antibodies, or it wont send any antibodies. And a vaccine wonít work, but how rare is that?

I didnít say vaccines cure anything, but they do prevent it. if there was a vaccine for aids, would you take it? Or just use a condom? Since aids isnít huge here like in some 3rd world countries, then thatís a personal preference, we all are entitled to a personal opinion. maybe people don't bother as they believe "it could never happen to me", or "that it was ment to be."

I personally would take it as well as usuing a condom ect. because the more bodies/humans that have the antibodies to fight it the better chance we live in a country free of it as it has no place to go.

Closed Thread