It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Angry Childrens Vaccination just Recalled....

I just read that childrens vaccinations were recalled and it said they are contaminated, but not to worry, it isn't harmful to the health. That doesn't make any sense to me what-so-ever. Why can't they tell us what the contamination is?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
(male)

HipsterDoofus HB User
Re: Childrens Vaccination just Recalled....

I read lots of articles about it and they all explained the reason why. Some influenza vaccines are being recalled because of improper refrigeration. It renders the vaccine ineffective. A Merck vaccine for children is being recalled because equipment used to make the vaccine was found to be contaminated with bacteria. The feds say that no bacteria has been found in the vaccine. They have ordered a recall of the vaccine made since April and are shutting down Mercks production line for at least six months.

Last edited by HipsterDoofus; 12-12-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My 5-month-old just got his 4-month vaccines, including HIB, and our pediatrician said he could have been given one of the recalled vaccines (I have an appointment this afternoon to get it checked out). They did name the specific bacteria, however, that bacteria, when injested by mouth, caused diarrhea and vomiting (basically the stomach flu) for up to 5 days, although they don't know what happens when it's injected into the body because there has been no reason to test for that up until this point. Well, DS had a severe reaction to one of his vaccines last night, the day after his shots, so I guess we'll see. Of course, Merck is saying that the vaccines themselves aren't contaminated, but obviously if they're recalling them, there's no guarantee to those of us who have children who got the vaccine and are now dealing with a severe reaction and a miserable baby.

Maybe I'm just too long being sleep-deprived, but I'm just so fed up with all this crap! I try to do the right thing and protect my kids against potentially fatal diseases, baby-proof my house, watch them when we're out, don't give them toys with small parts they can choke on, etc., but it just seems like I keep getting blind-sided by things that are completely unpredicatable and completely out of my control - contaminated vaccines, lead-based paint in baby toys, etc. What's next? Doesn't anyone have any scruples anymore?!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

The problem is most of the time drug companies may recall a vaccine, but the doctors deny that your childs reaction or problem was caused by a vaccine. Considering the amount of vaccines people get, there really are not that many people that recieve compensation or someone who will recongize that a vaccine caused the sickness, injury, etc. That to me is very scary. There are so many stories out there where vaccines are handed out left and right, free, without medicals records present, but once something happens everyone denies that vaccine induced the problem and if it is serious enough, some insurance comapnies may not cover your expenses, in other words, everyone will turn their backs to you.
Just make sure you really know the ingredients and take it further and read and understand what those ingredients do to the human body and read other people's stories.

From what I read we are not supposed to be alarmed because the contamination "isn't harfmul to the health." Why the recall then? It is just telling me they are trying to cover themselves from paying damages.

Closed Thread