It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

cinkenki HB User
TB Shot - I need an excuse to leave work early to have test read

I just got a TB shot for a job I applied for. I have to have to have it read in 2 days. What do I tell my current boss without letting him know I've applied for work elsewhere?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
(male)

NCGuy HB User
Re: TB Shot - I need an excuse to leave work early to have test read

I would just tell him you had a doctors appointment, a follow up to a previous visit and they called you back in. What you got was a TB test, not a TB shot. They inject tuberculin just under your skin on your forearm and check the reaction in two days. What kind of reaction - or no reaction at all - determines whether you have been exposed to Tuberculosis. FYI-they give TB shots also known as BCG vaccinations to people, usually babies but sometimes teenagers, in TB endemic countries. It's given in your upper arm but administered simular to the way they give the TB test, in that they inject the bcg vaccine just under the skin and it forms a bubble, later resulting in a small circular scar if the vaccination is successful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
(male)

robf123 HB User
Re: TB Shot - I need an excuse to leave work early to have test read

Just tell them that you need to get a TB shot, or call in sick the day before. Good luck with your new job, I hope you get it.

Closed Thread