It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

Kim1888 HB User
flu shots

I had one flu shot around the year 2000 and had a reaction to it. I don't hear much about the kinds of reacions you might get within the first 15 minutes of recieving the shot.....everyone is always talking about reactions days later. When I recieved my flu shot, I was told because this was my first one that I needed to stay for 15 minutes because if I was to have a reaction, it would happen within that time frame. A few minutes after getting the shot I started feeling very dizzy, lightheaded and like I was going to pass out. I was told to sit or lie down and after a little while it seemed to pass, so I got back up and within a minute the symptoms returned only worse! This time with the feeling of being very hot and ringing in the ears! After sitting down for some time this all passed, but I was almost afraid of leaving and getting behind the wheel of my car! Is there ANYone else out there that has had this kind of reaction? It was scarey picturing myself lying on the floor and I'm scared to ever get another one! I am not allergic to eggs, although allergies do run in family and I have had excema due to allergies. What kind of reaction is this? because I feel like it is one of a kind! never hearing any stories like mine. After being injected with something that made me feel this way, I am totally against flu shots now! I've read alot about them and alot of studies out there say they really aren't that affective. I believe if you get your rest and eat well, take vitamins and take care of yourself during the winter months, you'd be doing better for yourself than getting a shot....epecially after reading all these things about how the flu shot can cause serious health issues.....no thank you! I'll take the flu! Also the laws requiring people in certain jobs to get the flu shot, I think that's rediculous! There should NOT be laws forcing people to have this shot! That really needs to be changed!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: flu shots

In December 1967, I was given a flu vaccination, which was an experimental "live" flu vaccine. I felt fine, after the shot, and worked the rest of the day and went home. I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to breath. I went to the emergency room, and then was kept in the hospital for ten days as they pumped my lungs due to an extreme asthmatic reaction.

Prior to that day, and that cursed vaccination, I had normal allergies and no asthma. Since that day, I became very allergic to many items. I had two cats at the time. After having the shot, I had to get rid of the cats and go on asthma meds.

When I went to an allergy doctor, after the shot, he suggested that I always had asthma but didn't realize it?! That was my first experience with brain-dead, high paid medical doctors. If a doctor can't understand a health problem, which is often, they discount, or deny it.

That one decision in my younger life, to accept an "experimental" flu shot by the government, led to a lifetime of health problems.

Anyways....... when I hear that a new flu vaccination has not been fully tested, I wonder what long-term health problems might be caused to those who take it.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

The latest flu shot is sprayed nasally, and it is made from a weakened version of a live virus.

I consider the "live" flu vaccination that I was given in 1967 one of the worst decisions of my life, since it put me in the hospital for ten days, and resulted in making me hypersensitive and hyper-allergic to many previously seemingly innocuous things.

Hopefully, this new "weakened" live vaccine won't cause the kind of health problems, to others, as the one that has negatively effected my health for many years!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-07-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
The latest flu shot is sprayed nasally, and it is made from a weakened version of a live virus.
Actually, there are both weakened live nasal spray flu vaccines, and inactivated injected vaccines available for influenza today.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
(female)

noodles3 HB User

I had a reaction after getting the flu shot. It was like a mini flu with aches and pains, fever, bad chills, red, sore arm. This was within 24 hours of my first and last flu vaccine.

I don't know if this means anything but I have never gotten the flu in my life as far as I know. The closest I came to getting it was with what accompanied the shot. I have a relative that had a reaction to the flu vaccine and can't get it anymore.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Could be you are allergic to the antibiotics in most of the flu shots -- or even the thimerasol. I too had a life threatening reaction from a flu shot years ago and the doc said if I ever got another one I would die. Well, I found out that neomycin was in the flu shot and I am extremely allergic to neosporin and had patch testing. Allergy to neomycin and related antibiotics and slight allergy to thimerasol.

Solution: I found Sanofi Pasteur (Aventis) makes the flu vaccine without any antibiotics and has a thimerasol free version. I was able to get both the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 with NO REACTION whatsoever.

See if you can find an allergist that would do patch testing for both these substances and if I am right you can get a flu shot next year with no worry.

Good luck.

Last edited by suggi; 02-03-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Closed Thread