It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

Thunderbolt HB User
N1H1 Vacine Issues

I haven't been to this board for awhile and realize that this may be already covered in which case someone can direct me to the particular threads, but I received an N1H1 vaccination a month ago with no problems. Now, I know some negative reports have been written and related about the vaccine, but just what are these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: N1H1 Vacine Issues

No vaccine is risk free, but the risk of serious complications from the flu vaccine is orders of magnitude lower than the risk of serious complications or death from the flu.

Because the flu vaccine is made in eggs, people who have allergy to eggs have a higher risk of problems from the vaccine and are advised to not get it.

The risks should have been listed on the sheet given to you when you received the vaccine, if you got it in the US. Here are the information sheets:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-inact-h1n1.pdf (injected)
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-laiv-h1n1.pdf (spray)

Last edited by tjlhb; 03-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

mommalee HB User
Re: N1H1 Vacine Issues

my husband and I received the H1M1 in Oct.19 two weeks later my husband while playing golf experienced a spasm on the right side of his face and down his arm causing his hand to clench up. He was hospilized after ten days for three days no cause found He was admitted again in Dec for 16 days all tests were negative he was show to be in great condition considering his age of 77 (acted like he was 65 up till this time) They almost killed him by over medicating him. He was 15 lbs lighter and dehydrited. Discharge was Jan 12 his body has gained back the weight he is no longer dehydrated but his condition is worse. The meds are strong they are for seizures, although they have not found any evidence to show he is getting seizures. Meny Doc and they still have not found the cause of the spasms. MRI Cat Scans Ekg Spinal tap Blood tests etc. nothing. We (the family) feel this condition came from the H1N1. One Doc feels this might be. There is no way to verify it. Can anyone help us I am desperate.

Closed Thread