It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vaccination & Immunization Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

stillbright HB User
Hepatitis shot reaction

Hi everyone,

When I was young (around 10 years old) I had received the first of a two-shot regimen, a hepatitis shot of some sort. I walked out of the office feeling okay afterward, but while walking my entire vision went yellow and green. I had to hold on to a chair to keep from falling, as I couldn't see, and felt faint.

They had me lay down in the office sipping orange juice. After about 15 minutes, my vision restored and I was alright to leave, although dizzy.

Does anyone know what this is? Also, they won't risk giving me any hepatitis shots now because of it.

Bright

Old 01-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

tofumix HB User
Re: Hepatitis shot reaction

Yes, I had my hepatitis shot 3 doses then my vision was black like a tv screen and i could not see anything i thought i was blind then after a few minutes I was able to see again, later on a few months I developed rheumatoid arthritis. I have never had any other reactions from other vaccines besides the hepatitis shot. My brother and I had the 3 shots together on that same day, but my brother did not have any reactions to the hepatitis vaccines besides me. It is sad I know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
(male)

NCGuy HB User
Re: Hepatitis shot reaction

If you received a Hepatitis vaccination that consisted of 2 doses, that would have been the Hepatitis A vaccine. The Hepatitis B vaccine is given in 3 doses. Also the Hepatitis A/B combination vaccine (Twinrix) is also a 3 dose vaccine.

Closed Thread